Smart Pots, Ground and Pots Finishing Times?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 5150, Oct 21, 2012.

1. I have found over the years that a two plants of the same strain will finish at different times depending on what they are grown in. I notice that my 25g potted plants finish a week or so faster than say same strain in the ground.

My question is do smart pots finish the plant more like pots or in the ground? Does the smart pot size matter as well?

Has anyone grown same strain in smart pots and the ground with same soil mix?

I ask these questions for trying to figure out timeline for next year.

2. my blue cheese in a 100 gallon smart pot finished (all oarnge hairs) about a week before the ones I have in the ground.. I believe your observation to be correct and true..

3. well, plant in pot is 100% bag soil +perlite, the ones in the ground are 50\50 bag soil and exesting soil, no perlite..

4. I would agree i have 2 cracker jacks in 65 gal. One is planted half way in the ground the other fully above ground. The one above ground was done 8 days ago while it looks like I am going to have to gamble the rains that are coming for a day or two.
    I was told by a friend the plants in the pots get root bound and stressed from being in a pot even
    Smart pots compared to a plants that is in ground and can stretch out it's roots. To me this theory makes some sense.