Smart Pot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tomascat, Aug 2, 2014.

1. ok blades, need ur advice.. im thinking of going to 15 gal smart pots , veging 8-9 wks. my question.. would a 600 hps be enough? ill have a few autos in 2.5 gal pots.
    im going to do 3 in the big pots an mabe 2 autos.

2. a 600w should be good to grow a bunch of weed....it's best to fit the light to the area though, then fit the plants to the light..know what I mean? If you're growing in an enclosed area a 600w should cover 3' x 3' or so. You want about 50w per square foot for hid lighting.

Figure out your goal...and set up everything according to that. So if your goal is X oz's per month you(we) can do the math and figure out what it takes to meet that goal.

3. I have a 1000k also but im wondering how harvest will compare to my normal 4 in 5gal  plastic pots. bottom line...3 in 15 gal pots or 6-8 in 5 gal

4. 6-8 in smaller pots will definitely finish faster...more plants = less veg time.

I personally prefer to do more, smaller plants in order to cut down on veg time. The 1k will definitely get you more buds if you can run it.

5. thanks, im gonna give it a shot to slow the process a bit. ive been doing a perpetual for 3 years and im wanting to slow down a bit and do 2 harvests a year instead of 4 

6. right on man...it's nice to get out of perpetual once in a while...finally get a chance to do a full clean on the growroom and such lol  :)

have you checked out ironhead's grow? should be on the first page of indoor grow journals...that dude grows some nice big plants, there's a ton of knowledge in that thread.

7. thanks a bunch an will do. yeah im wanting to just slow down a bit an go bigger, heck how about 2 in 40 gals and add a 600