Smallest space required for growing 1 plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sphinx13, Aug 31, 2007.

1. What's the smallest space required to grow one plant? I guess I'd need to grow 2 or three till I could tell what sex but past that I only want to grow one. What kind of space would I need?

2. half a square foot of floor space (6"x6") by two feet tall (24") bare minimum

3. These kinds of questions are so difficult because they are approaching the situation bass-ackwards. What's the smallest space -- to do what?

Personally I think you need a minimum of one square foot per plant and a minimum height of three feet, four would be better. I don't disagree with Edge, you could grow a plant in the space he describes. More extreme, folks on this forum are always talking about growing in a drawer, a PC case, some tupperware, incredibly tiny spaces. Yes, you could grow a smaller plant that will yield only a few joints, but why would you want to do that? Give the girl just a little more room and she will pay you back many times over. With 1x1x3 you can give her some real room to stretch her roots (5 gal range) and some headroom to use HID lighting, and then several oz's per plant is well within reach.