Smallest I Can Keep Mother Plants, As Well As Height Needed For Sog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Atmo, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Ok, so I am planning my second grow. Perpetual SoG soil grow. My last grow was a single plant scrog soil grow, it went very well (link in sig)

Anyway, my next box is about 1.5' x 2' x 6' high (not quite that high, though) and I am trying to determine the smallest space I can maintain a mother and clones (if needed).

Right now, if I have my flowering chamber roughly set to about 3' 4" high, the mother chamber is roughly 2' 4" or so high, something like that.

I plan on using an LED light and supplemental CFLs in the SoG flowering chamber, but I just don't know how much height I need (keeping in mind LEDs tend to make the plants grow shorter/more compact) for SoG plants, I only have experience with a scrogged plant.

I can increase the flowering chamber to about 4' high, but the mother chamber will only have about 16-18" from the lights to the bottom of the box. Is that enough height for a bonsai mum or two?

I plan to take clones and put them directly into flower, no veg time.

So my main questions are

1) Is 3' 4" enough height for an LED SoG Soil grow, with clones going straight to flower with no veg?
    2) Is 16-18" (from light to bottom of box) enough of space for a mother plant?
    3) If both #1 and #2 are both "YES," is there any benefit at all in increasing height of the flower chamber? Only thing I can think of is better heat management, if that. If both #1 and #2 are yes then I will probably just keep the box as is, making the mother/cloning chamber a bit easier to manage.

Thanks guys!

2. #2 Atmo, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Also one thing to note: most LED lights require about 12-16" space between the light and top of the plants. So keeping my box AS IS, the largest my plants can get within this range are about a foot tall or so. Is this tall enough for a few SoG plants in this small space?

3. I think I am going to try and build my box so I can adjust this chamber partition instead of setting it in stone... Not quite sure yet how I will do that but I think I can find a way.. unless I can be sure that my SoG plants won't go above 14" when going from clone to flower with no veg under LED lights... any insight into this would be great.