Small yellow spot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by aroach31291, Sep 29, 2010.

1. #1 aroach31291, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    Hello, I am 15 days into my grow and after a long nights sleep I checked up on my plant and noticed a small yellow spot on one of the old leaves. Yesterday I noticed a slightly different color in the the same area the spot had developed. I am growing in miracle grow potting mix (I know its not great, had to do for now ;)). The strain is bagseed, dealer said it was "cali green", an og kush hybrid. They are under a 250W 8U 2700k CFL(using it throughout veg and flower). They hang about 6 inches above the plant, I moved them up about 4 days ago to allow some height growth.

For the past week I have been watering it whenever dry, but I haven't been saturating it. However, yesterday, my soil's pH was lower than 6 (5.5-5.8) so I flushed it and watered it with the corrected pH (6.5-6.8, which it is currently at). I don't have a thermometer in the box but my house has a room temperature of 72 at all times, and judging from the feeling inside I would say it is around 80, it's a bit warmer but being closed up for 12 hours it doesn't get hot so I assume the airflow is fine. I am using a 2 gallon pot. There are two 120mm fans blowing on the plant (not too much but at all times)

I am guessing that the pH was the problem? Any help is appreciated:smoke:

Attached Files:

2. I don't think it's anything to worry about but it does sound like you did everything right.

If it was nutritionally based then it was probably a low pH locking out some magnesium or calcium. Likely Mg though.

You're good. Those leaves don't even matter in the long run. I have them removed by the 4th week because they wind up so far from the light source. Helps with the air circulation too.

3. Okay, thanks for the info :cool: