Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Small town Colorado frustrations/flaky hookups...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mikayote, May 15, 2010.

1. rant/

For the last few months I've been living in a small town in Eastern Colorado. And I just couldn't find a hookup. Two weeks ago, I met a local girl who could hook me up. Kind of flaky (you know, taking two or three days to get back to me).

Thursday I call her and say that Ive gotten $20 scraped up, and she says that she'll be there that night. No show. Friday I call her twice, no answer.

Today I finally get ahold of her, and she had decided to move to Colorado Springs with her boyfriend. AND she refuses to set me up with whomever she was buying from locally.

So now I'm back to square one. Can't get a doctor around here to write me a recommendation (even though I have MS), can't get into Denver/Springs (no car, and the $100+ "office fee" would break me) no caretaker will touch me without the paperwork (understandable), there just don't seem to be any local hookups. Yay for living in a town to less than 2, 000 people. I can't even ask around the trailer park I live in, because my mother owns it and everyone just assumes that I'm being her rat.

My doctor told me that in his opinion that there isn't any pain associated with MS. His solution? To give me 500mg naproxen sodium. And that's it.

How the hell does anyone survive out here?

/rant

2. #2 alisvltprpiis83, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010

I completely understand your pain. I grew up in NE colorado. You know what Northeastern Junior College is? Yeah, that town. Unfortunately, I've having to move back there in June because of this crappy economy.
    There really are no local hookups out there, unless you find someone with access to a bigger city's stuff. Any stuff found local is almost all homegrown or ditchweed.
    Is there any way that you can get to Denver? Like bum a ride, take a greyhound, hitchhike, post on craigslist asking for help?
    I saw an add in Kush (found at 7-11) for a place with way cheap doctor's fees. I think it was like $38. Then you would have another 60 days to come up with the $90 for the state fee. Once you have that card, the mmj can come to you. Good Energy Candies will ship to you, and I know there are several "delivery" type services. Or, you can find a legit caregiver who will bring it to you, which is what my situation is going to be. Good luck!

3. Thanks for the reply, but there really isn't any way for me to get to Denver. There's no kind of bus system out here, and I don't have a vehicle. And no friends with one either. My mum has a pickup truck that's falling apart so she can't make the drive.

4. Dang man, I live in Denver and if you were around here you could find anything you wanted. There are 5 dispensaries within 5 blocks of my house.

I know when I got my license I paid $90 for the doctor, and $90 to the state. I would save up. The initial investment sounds like a lot of money but once you have it you're good for a year and you can buy bud for $30-40 an 8th if you appointment a given dispensary your caregiver.

Just continue to look for people and save. A dispensary will be moving in where you live soon, they're everywhere.

5. Probably not for 10-20 years. Eastern Colorado has almost no dispensaries, almost every place there has a moratorium on new ones, and that's the "red" part of the state... the type of place where you are either a kid or an old person, everyone in between those two is out of there.

6. #6 Mikayote, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Save and wait, save and wait... that's pretty much what everyone tells me. But it's kind of hard to wait when you're having seizures and not eating now.

-edit- I just spent some time on craigs list, and cant find anything closer than dispensaries in Colorado Springs.

7. I think your best bet is going to be to post on craigslist.org, looking for a good caregiver.
    Explain the situation, your needs, and your conditions.
    A good caregiver will help you get your license. I don't have a car, and my caregiver gave me a ride to the doc, to the dispensary, and to buy a new peice. He also delivers when I can't catch a bus.
    Or, you can look online for documentation saying medical marijuana is good for MS, print them all out, print out all the MMJ Registry forms, and take them to your normal doc and ask him to fill the stuff out.

8. I think your best bet is to look for a caretaker.

I guess another solution is to just start going to sketchy bars and asking around. If that girl you were buying from had a local hookup, I'm sure you'd be able to get in touch with someone before too long.

Caretaker is probably a lot safer, though.

Good luck.

9. I'll try that, but my town and area are so small that there arent even craigslist options for the area. The closest I can get is Co Springs.