Small Spaces

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JoshuaE, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Man get an AB type if you can it's the best of both worlds has the internal potentiometers and the wires for an external one. The internal potentiometers override the exterior one. But so much better than the little screwdriver.
    Cased Potentiometer with Knob
    I'm buying AB type from here on out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. They are a little messy at first, just until she gets rooted up . Water slowly until then.

My Chemdoggin plant in the 3 gallon air pot has the densest root system I've ever encountered it's actually causing some problems, it's so dense that it wants to run all the water to the outside edges and straight out of the container I have to water slowly very slowly in pulses it takes about 5 minutes of constant attention to get it to even start to drip out of the center. And now my coco/rootball is acidic like 4.5ph acid. I have not seen any slow down yet. I'm going to get a large tub of neutral water and sit her down in it this weekend. Lol
    What a problem to have. Too much roots???

• Like Like x 3
  3. I like one 96 for each plant. You can center them over each plant and I pull my tallest buds to the outsides then you can really bare down with the light intensity. The center part gets more light than it usually would and the tall ones on the outside get just as good cause they're taller. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lol, I'll take too much roots problem over other issues any day. I can adjust my auto feed down to a trickle if need be so it should be all good. As far as drivers go I dont mind the tiny screwdriver method. I pretty much just set my wattage and raise/lower to get the intensity I want. I never have an even canopy so I enjoy have multiple individual lights so six 96s is my master plan eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fuck the noise, the biggest you can get the better, I am running 1300gph for a 4 site and I have absolutely no chance of rot with it and the chiller

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pa hydroponics makes a 2 site RDWC kit and it’s good but there are some short falls, so to build one from scratch wouldnt be too bad.

but seeing how I am liking scroging, I may do a one site run in a massive tote next run with a chiller and res.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for taking the time man. Sounds like a chiller is the way to go. I don't really have room for the fridge DIY deal and a quality chiller is looking like $400 . That would be the single most expensive piece of equipment I use to grow indoors. So I think I'm going to get a big bottle of GFF and just run a single bucket and see if DWC is really for me or am I destined to be planted in coco forever. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've been thinking about trying out rockwool again. It's where I got my start once upon a time. I'm just really liking soil atm. I've been using Malibu Compost recently and I must say my plants seem happier overall. Been adding in some bio char too,homes for the microbes. I thought about doing one plant in a 6" rockwool cube with a gravity feeder that sits on top of the cube,just to see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've never grown in rockwool but I'm super interested in it, I just order a few 2" cubes for my dwc adventure. But what kind of containers do you put one of those larger slabs in ? Just a tray with some holes in it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Right. The slabs go into trays/troughs and you can sit your cubes right onto the slab. I had a buddy that put the slabs into 1'×4' troughs and vegged his plants in 4" or 6" cubes,then just sat the cubes on the slab come flowering time. His trays sat on top of a reservoir that recirculated the water. Res change every 10 days or so if I recall correctly.

11. Floraflex.com has a bunch of cool rockwool growing options. Coco growing gear as well. I use their stuff for my soil auto-feed. I drop a pump in a bucket and watering is done in 10 mins or so.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flood and drain is another amazing option.... and to do sea of greens.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. I earned my wings on flood/drain systems. I made all my setups from styrofoam coolers....the dense foam coolers used to ship fish in. I'm def gonna give it another try one day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I really wanna try it with big rock wool cubes and a shit ton of clones for that sog

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heres the little setup I'm gonna try in the future. Just gonna hand water like soil,lol. This particular one is for a 6" cube. 20200710_225032.jpg 20200710_225041.jpg 20200710_225028.jpg

16. I think that would be sweet. What size cubes? I used to bank about 1oz per plant in 4" cubes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I haven't had any luck with the RDWC. I had to restart it once because I over did nutes. Then I had to shut it down again a few weeks ago because I got an $850 electricity bill. I can't afford that kind of bill. AC, lights and RDWC was too much. Two run attempts, ~$1500 in electricity and nada to show for it. I'm down to the 2x4 and the closets for the summer. The closets are on low power, vegging moms and clones. The front tent just got flipped to 12/12 on Monday. Those lights are still running low power at the moment too. But I'll be turning them up over the next weeks, of course.

As for chillers.... I have a 1/10 Active Aqua in my 4x1 which keeps my water below 70 without too much problem. I could get better efficiency out of it if I moved it out of the tent. But, that would mean buying tubing and stuff....which I don't want to bother with at the moment. A 1/10 would be perfect for a 2x1 setup. They make a couple cheap looking lower power chillers, but I wouldn't suggest them, reviews are mostly negative.

I'm just using EcoPlus air pumps. They're relatively inexpensive and they do a good job....and they're what my hydro store has. I'd buy a bigger pump than you think you need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pulled this girl out to work on the ph. These measurements are after watering with 7.2 tap water with some flora clean.
    I'm going to pour some 7.5ph calmag water through them next. Showing what looks like Magnesium deficiency to me surely because of the low ph.
    20200710_231342.jpg 20200710_231348.jpg 20200710_231616.jpg 20200710_231651.jpg 20200710_231726.jpg 20200710_231942.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. No idea, I really haven’t thought much into it, but that sounds about how big I’d have the cubes..... cause I want a shit ton of 2-3 tight nodes clones. And fill a 4x4 tent with an elevated table

• Like Like x 1
  20. I agree on being pH related. I swear any issue I've ever had stemmed from my pH being off,lol. But that my friend is a hog. I love seeing your plants! What's size airpot? 2 or 3 gal?

• Agree Agree x 1