Small Spaces

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JoshuaE, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I top my plants early on so that I get 4 mains. Third node is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bend it over so it bushes out naturally rather than cutting it is my thought

• Like Like x 1
  3. time for res flush..take up solar lites..refill wit flwr fuel for flwr..keeping the N dwn to 1-34-32..indrs beenn on that for 24 days..still hvn't lwr'd the lite..more s hookin during flush DSCN4170.JPG DSCN4171.JPG DSCN4172.JPG DSCN4173.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. dang it! gettin lo on flwr fuel,..hope price hasn't risen too much.. upload_2022-5-26_8-42-25.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. i been here 15 yrs ago..were rip off then and nuthin has changed..still fleecing newbies upload_2022-5-26_8-56-40.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I like to add products like this (ie. potassium phosphate) to a veg grow mix or use it as a finisher, but to only use it atm, I would never do.
    Every protein is made up of amino acids. A small amount of these amino acid residues is a peptide, but generally proteins are made up of hundreds, if not thousands of amino acid residues.
    Each residue is connected to another residue via a peptide bond, as shown below:
    upload_2022-5-26_9-59-1.png
    The formation of a peptide bond. The figure is incorrect because the top part shows H instead of R, where R can be any of the amino acid side chains, whereas H refers specifically to the amino acid Glycine.

Here's the point: to make protein, any protein, it requires Nitrogen.

Whereas its good to use a finishing product to help the plant get rid of excess chlorophyll and mobile nitrogen, depriving it at a time when the plant requires the most amount of protein would be detrimental to its development.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. yes in theory..however these plnts are really dense and the thicker it gets the more maintinance issues arise..cutbk on N to mitigate that..zero N was problematic..rember they still get cal-mag and silica..i'm not a fan of trimming anyway so less foliage the better for less hnd wrk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah,I've just been doing it one way for so long. It just feels so different. I feel like it's even less to do than I was doing once I got mostly automated. I'm gonna let her pack this pot with roots and
    Theres a similar product called Sonic Bloom,by Humboldt Countys Own nutrients. Not sure if it's cheaper these days but it has zero nitrogen and vitamin b1.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I do sometimes clip at 4th, but then I cut off the two bottom ones. 4 mains is key for mine, but sometimes 2 would do. Its ok to try different things ;)
    2-0-0 from calmag, ok, I pretty well always run that, even in a flush, but silica is potassium silicate and has nothing to do with nitrogen. All good, yur plants look healthy, was just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  10. gotta hv some N bbut not much..1 on the N for this run at this point..just cuttin off the N is like a junnkie tryin to cold turkey...gotta give'm a little Methadon..har har har!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. i run silica cause of the adverse conditions outside high winds, high heat..wrm res temps..its a tricky balance

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. i use silica too, plant needs it, but its not nitrogen.
    Well, imma :watching: lol we gonna see what happens
    :icgreen:

• Like Like x 2
  13. i been bingeing all morn on Moment of Truth about the murder of Michael Jordan's dad on IMBD..its very detailed and drk story 5 prts season 1..find yourself ssayin ''really!!??'' wrth watching if you hv the time

• Like Like x 1
  14. My wife didn't want me to grout today on account of me whining about how much my back hurts, so I'm sifting thru best Bato builds vids like this one:

I'm itching to go get my system running and need to transfer my plants soon.
    The tomatoes and peppers look ok, but the melons look burned.

Should i bury the res? What a pain :/ I need to worry about the heat of the system though. I hope this rig works.

edit: damn using white buckets, hope that's not too much a problem. i wanted to lower the heat, but didn't think about the light getting thru. Prob need to get an algicide now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just got on here. Im late. True that though. It is somewhat uncomen though, even in a shop. The super tiny groves made from the manufacturing of the pipe or lath can help keep that super straight final pass but you had to have your puddle be right. You can direct your puddle by dabbing, lol, from side to side. Like when you touch a water droplet and it pulls itself into it. When getting x-rays you can leave a spot right in the middle from just holding your wire there and washing it over a stringer/ root pass or capping. Using an alloy pretty much requires a dab method looking for the "key hole" especially in the first pass. Your welds look good though and with thin metal you get it in one pass.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I've tried all i catch .... my own cats

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I'm getting a little better every time I practice . I have a small pile of cooked plates already , I think I need a cheater lens for working with steel, I have a hard time seeing the weld pool and usually end up dumping too much heat into the part. Aluminum on the other hand I can see the weld pool easily all bright and shiny, I'm sure it is only because I have played with Aluminum more than anything else but I do better with it than even mild steel. Lol
    So talking Aluminum here,
    Just now working on adding filler rod don't quite have it yet I think I am being shy and not getting in there far enough cause I end up stuck sometimes. I also think that I need to maybe bump up the % of cleaning action cause even with some pretty serious heat I'm still having to wait for it to break up and at the start I sometimes have to kinda swirl it around to get going or at least it's faster than when I just hold and wait. I'm talking Aluminum 3/16" plate.
    Machine set at 185 amps.

What setting do you use for Hertz when working with steel? At 120 my arc cone seems wide, even with a fresh tungsten. Idk it's a lot to take in, in the little time I have to devote to it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I bought a 10lb bag of oats. Thinking of matching it with 10lbs of millet. Call it oatmill maybe. I been smoking this Kerosene Krash by Dutch Passion. Another bonus find. That shit gets me stoned fo sho. I just glanced back up and really I must be stoned. Sometimes I think I should tone the weed down but i mean but why. Nope. If i cant grow this auto all the way to fruition that will suck. I'd like some new smoke. Fresh weed is the best idgaf! Give me just smokable over cured all day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. You can wrap them up with panda film white side out of course no light gets through that stuff

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. be better if you wrrapped them in some kind of insulation..plan onn using a funguscide aas well

• Like Like x 3