Small rust colored spots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TonyB45, Jan 10, 2018.

1. good day friends. I found small orange rust colored spots on some leaves yesterday I removed the ones I saw affected and hope to resolve whatever this issue might be. Thinking a fungus?

Attached Files:

2. No.

3. Well please share your thoughts bcuz I don’t see it as nute def it toxicity. What do U think so u can treat it. I watered with cal mag this am.

4. I’d never cut off leaves that looked that healthy. I’m not even sure I see anything wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. barely anything to go by I think I see one small rust spec? For fun google Rust fungus just so you know what it looks like.

You own a scope? I'd check the sucker for bugs, hard to tell but I zoomed in and on the main stem of the leaf it almost looks like bug dumpings (black spec) a scope would allow you to see or not see if their there. Mite be mites mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’ll look further. THank u

7. I’m gonna have to buy a microscope

8. if you're in North America you can get a fairly cheap 20x scope at most smoke shops/head shops for like 10-15$ You could buy a jewler loop for like $6 and it will do, though I prefer the hand scope and also have a usb microscope I can take trich pics with.

9. #9 loki125, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    ffs lol if it gets worse its likely to be a cal def you may have a slight def.
    id soil or coco give her some molassas and keep ph 6.5-6.8 for soil and 5.5-5.8 for coco
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I added some cal mag this am with microbes for soil and some 1/2 strength grow for feed. I just wanna resolve this issue before it advances. I removed pieces of leaves with these spots also.

Attached Files:

11. U think it’s as simple as ph? I’m growing in soil so help a brother out. Thanks man. Tony

12. I think you need to relax. A small spot could be anything and nothing to get worked up about at this point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ph isnt simple its the cause of most issues.

yours honestly looks like. lil def lime youve saod ypu put cal in but let say for.instance you now have too.much mag that can lock out cal if your ph is below 6.5(in soil) or 5.5(in coco) cal can be locked out.

also dont remove leaves if a deficency causes it the especilly N P or K. as she can move these elements from oldr leaves to newer leave you start taking them from her she will.just take it from other leaves. i doubt its a fungus like rust unless its rife in your area. and ive seen rust and it dont start like that that to me is either a cal def mark so very small. or it could be water droplett that had nutes in and the leave didnt like it. dont worry ya self over a small thing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thank u for the insight I really appreciate you for this. I will look when I get home and check. Thanks again. Tony