small problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by carcass, Nov 6, 2007.

1. I have 3 plants in a 30 gallon rubbermaid dwc, in 6 inch net pots. they're all about a week apart in age.

yesterday, the middle sized one was curling upward. I raised the light and lowered the temps and today it was better. but while I was doing that, the oldest plants lower leaves were looking crummy so I cut them off. and today, the biggest set of leaves (first ones with 5)... the tips are sort of wrinkled looking.

the plant is solid green, it looks great other than the tips wrinkling. what should I do about that?

2. whats the watering cycle?
    can you post pics?

3. also post your pH levels in the plant, and how much nutrients are you using?

4. well I just spritz them with ph corrected water a couple times a day, and otherwise the dwc takes care of it

I'd post pics but I'm a bit paranoid, as a friend of mines house got raided a few weeks ago. for 2 plants!! they thought it was a dedicated grow house or something, nope, just an old nerdy computer programmer that doesn't like buying herb!

and to the other guy, the ph is normally about 5.8 - 6. it actually doesn't change much, makes me pretty happy!

I use advanced nutrients bloom formula (part a and b), I've only fed them twice and only used a tiiiny portion, like 1/4 or maybe 1/3 strength. too little? too much?

also, the roots are starting to get brownish. is that bad?

I should also add that today, the one that was curling up is looking BEAUTIFUL! so lush and green. the second set of leaves is still curling up, but its on its 4th set and the new ones are soooo nice looking. then, the tall one with the wrinkled leaves, the wrinkled leaves are a little worse, but there's 2 new sets of leaves that are looking great. so I'm not sure what to do.

I know itd be a lot easier with pics, so if I can't get it solved then I'll buck up and post some

5. ph is a little high 5.5-5.8 is optimum

without pics it could be anything id be guessing just like you

but id stop misting, in the event its the ph corrector causing the issues

6. time to cave in, here are some pics!

the first leaves, that made me make the thread... now a LOT worse
    [​IMG]

new growth on that plant, now doing the same thing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the middle sized one, doing great. you can see where the lower leaves are slightly curling up
    [​IMG]

the baby
    [​IMG]

hope youre all doing great, enjoying a great saturday (at least it's great where i'm at... time to go smoke a bowl on the porch:smoke:)

7. your nutes look like they were a little strong, causing some burning

8. but then wouldn't the smaller plants get burned too? theyre doing amazing, so thats whats confusing me

9. are they different strains? sometimes different strains require different amount of nutes...

10. also, in addition, maybe the small plant is smaller because the growth is stunted from to many nutes, and the other ones are leaf burnt from too many nutes, its a possibility

11. You cant justify it that way .......thats what everyone says;)

if you have twins, one can get sick while the other remains healthy

12. touche!

are brown spots signs of over feeding too? I'd look it up but I'm posting via my phone so its really slow.

I changed the water out, cleaned the bucket real good, and fed them a tiiiny dose of their food. hopefully that will fix things.

13. brown spots can be the beginning of burn or are ph related

14. I want to invest in a decent ph meter, could I get one of those for a decent price? how about one with ec/tds/etc?

15. now it's starting to really concern me.

pics from a few days ago when i said i changed the water/nutes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics from yesterday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

there are now goldish brown spots on 3 of the biggest leaves.

what should i do?:(