small pots a few questions ???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kingbongV, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Hey all
    just a few questions please peeps i'm growing in coco ( 1 AK48 - 1 PPP - 2 Northen light - 3 Swiss Cheese all Nirvana feminised, this is the 1st time ive started in small pots so i just wanted to know ;;;

1. When should i start feeding nutes and how much as the coco has no nutes in it but the containers dryout after about 2 days so dont wanna over do it ... i have been giving about a third strengh of rooting complex

2. are them clear containers ok will the light hurt the roots ??

3. is that 600w MH bulb to close or far from them?

4. When should i be transplanting into bigger pots

thanks alot and have good christmas...

Attached Files:

2. My setup was quite similar to yours. I keep my lights about 12"-18" from tops of plants. Experiment a little with the height and you should be able to tell which is the best for you. Instead of coco I used dixie cups for the first 3 weeks then transplanted into 3 gallon pots. Never used clear before but I have heard it is bad on the roots. Cover with foil to keep light from entering the root source. You could have a problem if not. 1/2 strength fert about every 3 feeds. I typically feed with organic food everytime I water. Never let me down. Always had nice healthy plants. Hope this helps. Happy holidays.