small personal use plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Meeksy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. I'm growing 3 plants for personal use, just planted them the other day. I live in a house with a few other people that shouldn't know about said plant, so I keep it in my closet by the window. I just want a small plant to use just for me, is it possible to keep a little plant that will still grow buds? Most plants I see on here are fucking goliaths compared to what I want.

2. I don't know much about growing, but 3 plants and personal use don't really correspond together

3. Well I don't know how much is on a single bud, that's why I have more than just 1

4. why is that? i'd rather grow 3 plants at a time that will do me for a while so i dont need to keep growing constantly.

5. There are techniques to keep it short such as lst and you can grow a seed on a 12/12 cycle that will rarely exceed 12'' as well as shorter strain's such as a lowrider(not sure of correct spelling) that only gets 18''.

6. this is not true I have 10 right now and they are all for personal use. I harvest one or three a month, and put a new one or three in every month, nothing gets sold or given away.

OP: look for a low Ryder strain, you can also lts or scrog keep your lights close and flower them early all these tech. will keep them smaller.

7. you should not grow in a home where others are who will not know. you could go to jail and so can they. make sure you have respected all other before you decide to grow. chances are they will find out anyway.

8. Be carefull, my three plants could be smelled at the neighbors place only about a month into veg. It is hard tocover up the smell completely inside the house.

9. 1. Choose an Indica
    2. Grow 12/12 from seed
    3. Tie it down so it stays even shorter
    4. Build an air scrubber with ONA, a fan and a bucket.
    5. Dont do any of this before telling everyone in the house so you ALL are safe.
    Ruderalis will stay small like this but the quality will not be as good as Cannabis.

10. i definitely agree with number 5... make that number 1...

11. Growing MJ indoors requires strange odors, noises, and activities. You probably won't be able to keep your grow a secret trying to grow under the same roof as other people, and even if you could you should not try to do it. You need to have your own, secure place so that you don't put yourself or others at risk.

12. since when isnt ruderalis cannabis...
    other than that great info

13. It really depends on how much you need for personal use, and how well you grow. You could grow 3 plants that only yield a `1/4 oz each and not even have enough to last you through your next grow. I just grow 20+ plants for personal use, but I smoke a lot.

14. #14 spunyun, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    lol runderalis...I basically ignore all breeders that have any runderalis on any strains.

I just wanted to add use either T5 HO or a 90w LED UFO (not sure what to recommend with LED, they are like the computers of grow lights--always a new and better LED every year or two)

Also I don't condone 12/12 from seed, you will severely diminish your yields that way. Unless you have a autoflowering seed, stick with 20/4 week 1, 18/6 week 2-3, and then 12/12...shouldn't have height problems with enough space in the closest if you're growing a short plant.

Check out the Bubba Love and Bubba 76 on attitude, if you get a Pre-98 Bubba Kush phenotype from either it'll be well worth it. One trick to keep them relatively short is topping to create multiple top colas....that will maximize your yield in a small space.