small number of large plants vs alot of small plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Matty521521, Jan 3, 2014.

1. For someone who is wanting to do their first outdoor grow would it be better to do 10 1LB plants or 40 four ounce plants? (for example)

2. For your first grow, lots of small plants but grown using different fertilisers and soils, therefore more chance of success. :)

3. When you grow outside, typically your plants are going to be significantly larger then an indoor grow. The plants will veg longer and flower longer due to the slow transition of the light cycle. Inside, your plants may grow to 3 ft tall or so, while outside they could grow to 5, 6 or even 7 ft tall (strain dependant). You may get only a few ounces per plant inside versus 1 to 2 lbs, or more outside.

IMO, outside growing with fewer, bigger plants = less work, bigger yield.

4. Also something to consider, I tried growing outside, but damp foggy weather pretty much screwed that up. We have micro climates here, so it's hit and miss like every 15 minutes - or hourly - or every 2 days. Growing inside has given me control of temp and humidity. This is what I've learned in my first year of growing, so now I have to figure out how to plan it this way. It kinda sucks because all the room I have to grow really is outside.

5. Large plants. If you get the police called you are within legal limits.

6. I think what hes trying do is clone the shit out of a few to have alot of smaller plants ready by Aug . This would probably be a great way to get more bud but its going cost alot more for soil pots fertilizers and alot more time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. True that... The punishment will probably be more severe if you had 16 small plants vs 4 large ones.

8. Somebody say bigplants???? :-D my purpe berry last year 400 gallon 12 foot tall and 14 foot wide. Id say bigplants are harder work for sure but with plantlimits growing bigger plants at lessnumbers is ideal for us here in Nor Cal.
    [​IMG]

9. #9 Nate489, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Holy cow thats massive. How many lbs did you get off it?

10. well unfortunately lost like a quarter to some bad mold due to the rains late in the season I recieved but when was all said and done was just shy of my 10lb goal so was still very happy all things considered.

11. 10LB from 1 plant, thats impressive, what soil and nutes did you use?

12. built my own super soil and used botanical and compost teas here and there. Nothing fancy. Just mother nature and love.

13. Dang, i wish i could grow something like that via guerrilla grow.

14. id be too afraid someone would findit haha

15. Every year gets better. Always ways to improve things.

16. Thats what i was thing myself

17. pfffft, i'll be spot hunting soon.
    how far a walk from a main trail should be decent distance to grow ?