Small micro grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Eagleyedye, Feb 28, 2019.

1. So I was planning on just running one auto but decided two will be better. These are Bubblegum Autoflowers from growers choice. They are 10 days above ground today. One was slower cause it had a seed helmet I had to surgical remove. But they are doing well. Did a good watering today. First real water really. Added a small amount of Cal mag. They have been living off rain water from my outside rain Barrell.they are in fox Forrest happy frog with lots of perlite and small scoop of worm casting. Top 3 inches just seedling soil. 3 gallon smart pots. Lights are 2-100w LEDfull spec bulbs on each side. 2 growstar 150w LED full spec ufo’s above and a 75w full spec LED panel behind. I know many may think it’s not enough light [​IMG]but I’ve done some nice autos with this setup before. I just wanted to share. It’s in a spare room and on this little shelf. I’ll keep adding pics and info as it goes along. Happy growing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  2. I grow With low watts as well. I'll watch and hang out

• Like Like x 2
  3. 2 autos in 3 gallons will keep a man perpetually stoned.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'll post pics under natural light next post. Moving right along.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Looking good man. You going to run a outdoor this year???

I'm working on some for this years outdoor season and figured why not grow an auto. This is about week 3 of flower under my t5 veg light. Had extra space on the table. Just did my last lst tonight.

NYC Diesel Auto from Advanced

20190306_215105.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. So I've been contemplating topping one of my autos. I just did it. Hope it works out. Growth on this particular plant has been pretty good so I topped it. Here it is pre topping. It's 2 days away from being 3 weeks from sprouting. [​IMG]

7. Skip, looking good man. That's gonna be a long veg time for the others!! I'll probably just grow a few autos this summer outside. I hate stressing about weather in the PNW!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah we are pretty dry all the way till mid fall.

9. if you top once I would suggest topping twice as topping only once splits the auto plant in two but doesn't really add any light penetration benefit. A 4 top auto is a very well balanced plant. Usually day 21 to day 28 is perfect opportunity for the second topping session. After day 28 all efforts are better spent moving the plant into flowering rather than more top mode. However, a two top auto with both branches lst'd lying flat is a very powerful plant. Probably depends more on whether you like playing with scissors or string.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Good words of advice. I'll see how she recovers. I am a believer in sort of watch and adapt. Some plants recover fast. If she does I may top again. Either way I'll also do some training as well. I'll post some shots soon for all to see and Share advice. Thanks Talkative

11. Excellent advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Here she is at 3.5 weeks. No pistils or stretch yet, which is good. I topped this one a few days ago and she has recovered. The other smaller one I started to train. Both plants are very healthy and a beautiful dark green! I'm starting to get excited. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Been really thinking about getting the electric sky 180 for my little micro grows. Anyone have any first hand knowledge on these lights. They are not cheap but I’m really thinking about going for it. Anyone used this ES 180??

14. Here is my DIY setup now. Looks funny but it keep my jars full!! Bubblegum doing great. I wish I could figure out how to post more then one pic at a time with the new updated app. Anyone know how to post more then one pic at a time with the new GC app on IOS iPhone 10?[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I started my first grow using those black ufo lights, they do ok. Looks like my first diy grow.

16. Haha!! Yeah I hear ya!! I went from MH and HPS to these.... Well. I stopped growing for a numb3r of years. Then bought some LEDs to really just start plants for outdoors. But kept adding shit to the mix. Now it's crazy. Did you notice the 2 CFLs hanging from the curtain rod??? Classic they are 2-32 w 6400k. I'll either switch to like 2700k CFLs or maybe even some all red LEDs soon once they really start to flower. I've been looking at the Electric sky 180 for my little spot. That would be proper. Maybe after this one I'll drop the cash and make it a legit setup

17. Pics today. They are both shooting out pistils. Looking good so far! [​IMG]