Small leaves drooping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by okyoureabeast, May 28, 2015.

1. #1 okyoureabeast, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Hey everyone, 

I'm about 3 weeks into the flowering stage with a 12/12 light cycle. When I switched to the 12/12 cycle the plant grew massively. There were also a bunch of new off shoots that appeared as well.

I'm trying to decide if this is a problem with too much nitrogen or from being over watered. I used miracle gro potting soil since the store i was at was all out of other soil.

IMG_20150528_144017.jpg

The big leaves appear healthy and are not drooping. However there are smaller leaves sprouting out of the main base which are drooping. The bottom leaves closest to the bottom of the pot have started yellowing. I'm presuming that since the plant is in flowering that this is normal (nutes being taken away from lower plants up higher). 

I have another plant in a smaller pot that is beginning to show some flowering buds. It has a fewer new off shots that also are a bit droopy with the main leaves being full and healthy. 

Any tips for me? I just recently watered it two days ago and the soil is moist at the top and bottom. I'm more concerned if it's too much nitrogen. 

Edit: PH is also at a solid 7 at both the top of the plant and at the root level near the drainage hole. 

2. I'm not concerned about the water if you say it's moist still. I however see a lot of energy being used. The gap from 1 node to the other looks like that took a lot of energy. Also your biggest leaves at the bottom could be trimmed or completely cut off. That would allow plant to use more energy on other things. Or to recover your minor or small leaves. Or cut the small ones. Either way the plant looks stressed. Try adding nutes if you do t wish to trim or cut any leaves.

Thanks sweetrees. I'm a bit afraid of adding extra nutrients so I went with defoliating instead!

I trimmed off some leaves to let the plant breathe. Here's the work:

IMG_20150528_160852.jpg

Look good? I think I might have gotten a bit too over zealous with the clipping. 

4. My you did but I don't know for sure. But it's hard to pick which ones should go. As far as for breathing. I was saying clip them off or trim for more energy conserving for plant so it has the power to recover from wilting. Or to beef up your trunk. Or to kick out more branches or leaves I think she will be aight. Let's see. Time will tell