SMALL indoor growing possible?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by meretrix, Sep 2, 2007.

1. I don't even know if this is possible so I'll ask. I'm not an avid smoker (probably once a month), but I'd like to grow my own stock. I want to grow indoors (either closet/attic/garage) but I don't want a 6' tall bohemith sticking out. I've looked at most of the stickes and did a search and was unable to find the answer to my question.

If it's possible to harvest a short or small plant, what setup/grow combo should I use? I'd ideally only want to grow 1 or 2 plants at a time. Even if they turn out to be both males I'll just throw them away and try again.

2. Do some reading, you'll find most all you need to know.

I found it to be a good thing to build your grow area before I planted, but to late for you.

You need a few things like light and ventilation, light tightness, etc.

Good luck

3. it is absolutely possible to do a small scale grow without breaking the bank. I only built one grow box as shown below, because I live where the temps never drop below 50 degrees F, so my plan is to vegetate the plants in the box, and then transfer them outside (during the fall/winter month where daylight is only around 10-12 hrs) for flowering. I am planning on building another box for flowering in the next couple of months so I can keep everything inside and more secured.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    NOTE: The bottom chamber is now also insulated like the top to prevent the light from shining through. This picture is of the box right after getting everything hooked up.

[​IMG]
    First resident. Low Stress Trained clone after 5 wks vegetation.

4. My area is 2' high X 2' wide by 30" deep. My biggest yield was 1/2 pound with 4 plants.
    smallest was 1/4 pound 2 plants. its very possible just read up

5. Check the link in my sig, a nice small, low heat, low noise nice yielding set up that should keep any toker happy!

6. The great thing about an indoor grow is you can totally control the plant's growth. You can basically grow as big or as small as you want.

7. if i were you, i'd read up on Low Stress Training(LST), and how to do a Screen of Green(Scrog).

you should do a combination of both. the LST keeps your plant low to the ground, while the Scrog will help you maximize your yeild in flowering

8. scrog can be done really efficiently in less than 2foot high grow space

9. Searc lst (low Strength Training) and topping and pruning it will shape your plant to your liking! and if you plant a clone it will probably be smaller and bud faster
    peace:wave: