Small Indoor grow light question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Synyster0420, Sep 28, 2014.

1. 250w is fine for a room that size, any higher and you'll run into temp issues. I would suggest that you reconsider growing to 4ft high, as the tops may burn and light penetration with a 250w lamp is limited. An lst grow to develop an even horizontal canopy will maximize the yield and overall ripeness of the buds from that bulb and plant. Ww is a nice strarter strain.

2. #3 lotek590, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    yes 250w mh is about perfect for 2 plants. If you know what you are doing you really don't need hps. I would suggest spending a little time researching various pruning or training methods. Like swissgrower said, too tall could cause a problem.

otherwise, 1000bulbs is a fantastic company with great customer service

3. Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful! When i start i will be posting progress on them. Also i plan to start them in jiffy pots and when they are about 4-6" tall to put them in 5 gallon buckets, Minus one for a grow medium to keep them at about 4ft tall

4. Yep, sounds great! Pop those seeds and they'll be ready by the time your kit is in place. Keep us updated!

5. Subbed in man! I've the same size wardrobe with 200watt cfl for my first grow keep us updated!:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. So wait, are you saying you are going to veg them to 4-5 ft tall and then flip to flower?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

7. No, they would get ridiculously huge if i did that. They grow exponentially in the flower phase. I will veg them to about 2.5ft and then flip to flower and get them the extra couple feet 

8. Dude 4x3 thats like three times what I work with and I run a 400 watt. Depending on planning he could use a 1000 watt and keep conditions ideal. Mind you ventilation and ac would be a must. Check out my grow and see for urself. Cool tubes and sealed grow hoods are the shit. You loose some lumens and i beleave uv through the glass but without a doubt good money spent.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

9. I'm all about the vented hood, stanky. This grower is a bit of a nube, so recommending 1k watts for his closet would be the same as burning his sprouts for him. 250 is a good start to learn the ropes, then he can expand and conquer like the rest of us!

Fill your pots up the full 5 gallons, you control height through training and when you flip the lights to 12/12. If you want a 4' tall plant you will have to learn how your particular strain stretches after the flip and then based on that info determine what height they should be in veg to achieve 4' finished height. Or you could set up a scrog and have a nice even canopy with equal light to all bud sites.