Small Holes in Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by fuzzy slippers, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Hey GC, I'm a noob at growing, and my plants have small almost like bite marks in their leaves. What do you think this is? Bugs or is it a disease?

2. Its a pest problem, probally spider mites. Look closely at the underside of leaves for conformation, as thats where they usually are at. If it is mites spray your plants with diluted neem oil, that should take care of em.

3. Where can i get the neem oil, and do I dilute it with water?

4. Yea just water and go check out your grocerry store I think thats where I found mine just can't remember.

5. Alright thanks man, I just looked under the leaves and small black spots, showing evidence of the mites.

6. what happens if you dont dilute the neem oil with water? i didnt and im scared

7. Idk, I've never tried putting neem oil on any of my plants that wasn't first diluted with water. If your really worreid just go spray it off with some regular water and or gently dry the leaves off, although I don't think its going to cause any serious damage.

8. Idk if you have a fan in your room already, but if you don't I would get one blowing on your plants. Pests find it hard to live in an environment constantly bombarded by air currents.

9. Alright, thanks man, after i get the neem oil, do i just rub it on the leaves?

10. Just spray it on the undersides of the leaves. And keep up with it, even a few left could repopulate in a few days.