Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Small hits Vs. Big hits.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jmawer, Oct 13, 2009.

1. What is best? Pros and Cons? Small hits you don't cough and can control the smoke a bit better.

2. Well ive always gone with the "If you aint choking you aint smoking!" method. So i prefer to kill my lungs with every hit.

3. kinda funny u should ask. When i didnt have the money for some more, ide take my half a gram or whatever, and ide pack a small bowl so that i could cash it in one hit. This way i got baked offa little weed and i didnt have to worry about smoke getting everywhere in my room i just blow it out the window.
    keep tokin
    :bongin:

4. Like a bit of both tbh, big hits usually does burn my throat though, but i prefer big hits.

5. i usually take a few medium sized hits, then end it with two huge hits. i find that if you take a bunch of medium sized hits, youll get high, and then taking two huge rips will completely fuck you up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Personal preference...

7. by myself i take small hits because its my bud and i can relax and conserve, when sm oking with large groups i try to kill myself because i know i'll have a few minutes to relax til the blunt/bong gets back to me

8. I never have understood this particular school of thought. Choking is unpleasant and coughing only makes you higher by virtue of the fact that fully expanding your lungs makes you higher. You can mimic that by fully expanding your lungs on every inhale.

This dude called me up the other night complaining about some "dro" I put him on from a friend. Supposedly it was good but it wasn't "kush" because he didn't cough. I tried to explain to him that it was actually called Jedi and that he didn't cough because it went through a long, healthy cure process and was the smoothest smoke he'd probably ever find. He insisted that the "kush" he had last week was better because he couldn't hit it without coughing... despite the fact that the shit could hardly be considered dank and only made him cough because the smoke was so harsh.

The Jedi was clearly 10x better but he'd prefer to smoke mids that make him cough... I just don't understand how people have internalized this baseless myth that you're not smoking if you don't cough.

9. I'de have to agree with ya on this one. I dont understand why someone would want to cough or choke on weed smoke. I take as big a hit as I can handle without coughing or choking so my lungs can absorb the thc. Usually the better the weed the smoother it is, thus there is no choking or coughing. Havent you guys noticed if you smoke crappy weed you cough and choke on it more? Anyways, to answer the OP's question I prefer to take big hits and that seems to get me higher then smaller hits. Plus the more times you put a flame to the weed the faster it burns. It might just be me though cuz I dont corner my bowl.

10. Ones bigger, ones smaller? Lol

But nah, atleast this is a decent question, not like some other.

Pretty much, one gets you higher (per hit) but is rougher on the lungs (comfort wise), the other gets you less high (per hit) but is easier on the lungs.

11. I always start taking as big hits as possible, than hurt my throat and start coughing and then start doing small hits :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not true, there's is a lot of awesome and potent strains that just create a harsh smoke. I believe Hashplant is one of those strains, not sure though. Just because the smoke is smoother does not make it better, just better to smoke.

13. More like being cured improperly. The "harshness" of the smoke is usually caused by moister still in the plant from being cured improperly.