small grows and lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by chewySpark, Sep 3, 2012.

1. in a small grow i'd go with a t-5. not as hot as hid, but still generates a bit of heat.

2. You're probably working with a budget, so I'd suggest that you look into similar "boxes" for your grow. You could build one the same size in 20 minutes for $15-$20 (I can even supply instructions if you want). As far as ventilation, and lighting go - I'd suggest going with LED lights (based on the specifications of the box in your link). A 2-foot T-5 is an option, but as the previous poster stated, it does have "some" heat to it, which in your situation is not good (unless the grow box is gonna be in a cold place). For ventilation, you a cheap in-line (about $25 on Ebay brand new), and make sure it's at the top (you'll need to cut a hole yourself). A couple small computer fans will bring-in the required air circulation from the vents provided in your grow box; or you can go with something like a truck fan - miniature version of an oscillating wall fan.

3. #4 chewySpark, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    first off your THEE shit first person to actually give any good tips

second can i pm you or whatever way is the discreetest (do we even need to worry about that here,im growing for personal use as a prop 215 patient chillin haha)
    i have ideas but just no knowledge about building, im handy with tools,dont have many tho. i was using that box because it was there lol

but lemme know dude haha

4. #5 Penny wise, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012

• You're most-definitely welcome - I'm glad I could help ya out!

• You Most-certainly do not have to worry about "that" !!!!!!!!
    After obtaining your recommendation, you are legally entitled to grow, possess, consume, and transport cannabis as your medicine. This is only a California state law; the federal government does not recognize medical marijuana - YET!!!

Any questions or Ideas you have can be put here on the forum, and then maybe someone else with the same problems can be helped too, by the thread you started!!!
    :smoke:
    That being said, if you ever have any quick questions, etc., you can always PM me for a response. I am in the middle of building 2 new grow rooms right now (a project I decided to do because I have a basement in our guest-house that is completely un-used, and I wanna play!!!
    :yay:

5. i dont think the feds will ever ease up..well as long as our politics are up for sale but thats a different forum lol.

yeah man im definitely down for building, im handy with tools but never built a box before haha i dont have many tools or know many people that do so that s a problem but lets chat about this haah

ahhh dude so lucky i wish i had a whole basement!!!!!!!! i can only dream :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Give it some time. You'll have one. You're the only one who can stop yourself from getting whatever it is that you want. ;)

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, take what comes. Perseverance :hello:

7. oh yeah no doubt definitely working on it :D

yea ive never grown, cept one time i had 6plants going and they were found in kitchen cabinet and thrown away :( , ive trimmed and talked to some peeps and basically they say its trial and error until you find what works best for you.

my issue is having a stealthy box to have a year round personal supply, and making it out out of that plastic box^^^^ or constructing a small shed structure but i dont know how and youtube no help...yes i know my generation is sad lol

8. Well, it's not really "Trial & Error" anymore. It used to be like that years ago when there weren't places like this forum (and others). Today, a new grower needs do nothing more than read forums like "Grass City" to learn everything they need, to have successful grows on their very first attempt!

As for your "box" - If you are going to buy the plastic one, you need do nothing more than add some lighting & a small fan to get yourself up & growing (and possibly painting the inside FLAT white, or putting up a MYLAR type reflective paper/plastic.)

If you want to build a box, then you need to decide how big you want it, ie: Height, depth, width. Once you know what your custom dimensions are, it is easy to get assistance from members!

9. Do it with class and style ...take a look at my library in my blog

peace
    "V"

10. im only using that box because it was in my backyard lol

i was planning on putting up mylar due to the inside not having actual walls.
    my only issues are that i need it smell proof, a setup of how everything will be setup inside the box, and would the whole process (i.e. veg to flower) be in th box?

ONe LOve