Small Grow Tent - Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zaycor, Jun 6, 2014.

1. #1 Zaycor, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    Hi everybody,

I don't mean to be a nuisance but would like some advice on how many plants I should grow in a 80x80x180cm tent. DCW with one reservoir & LED (hydroponics hut) is what im thinking to use - strain is c99 by female seeds.

Im not sure whether I should grow numerous small plants or say 4 larger ones to 100cm? im also wondering if this set-up is worth it in terms of personal yield until the next harvest & curing. I want to enjoy growing but I also want to enjoy enough personal yield to last up to 3 months - that's every single day for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late snack & whatever in-between [​IMG] & not quite sure if this will do. Might consider a 100x100x200 if necessary. Also id rather not work with clones. Any input is welcome, thanks.

Peace

2. I've never grown dcw but in that space I'd grow 2. With topping and LST and decent veg time, you'll have 2 fat bushy beauties. If you get a bigger space I'd do 4 the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Thanks Blaze, 2 fat bushy beauties sounds good & I suppose with good lights they'll yield pretty good.  The reason though  I mentioned 4 plants in that tent space is because ive been reading that 1 plant per 30cm2 or sq foot was good.  On top of that the c99 strain doesn't grow as wide.  Cheers

4. 1 plant per 30cm sq is if u let them grow straight go without training or topping. They'll need a lot more than 30 cm2 with topping and LST because they will be tied down to the sides of the pot and grow wider.

5. Thanks again, so are you're saying that 2 plants with good LST & topping will yield better than 4 plants left to grow?  with all the LST will the 2 plants still reach the top of the tent?

6. In my experience LST'd plants tend to yield more than plants just left to grow.

But no, they won't reach the top, they will be short and bushy. But how tall they are depends on how long u veg them for.