Small grow space smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrandpalovesGB, Dec 28, 2008.

1. I have a small set up in my room between the mattress and headboard, and am about to bud.

Can anyone suggest a good way to get rid of the smell. They are only in preflower, and my room fucking stanks!

I am using this: http://www.onestopshopcatalog.com/hbps4271.html
    And a fan out the window, but it will probably stink worse when I force it to bud.

I can't afford a carbon filter, nor do I have the proper set up.
    I am not afraid of the Pow-leece, they never patrol my block, but I live with my parents cause I am still in college, and my dad is the real concern.

2. Dude if you can afford 30+ bucks for a hepa filter, you can spend the ten bucks to make a carbon filter. Seriously. Go get your money back for the hepa POS, buy the stuff to make a carbon filter and pocket twenty bucks...

3. I found the hepa in my basement from when I used to have asthma, and it was still new. I plan to get carbon filter eventually, but I want to address the smells now.

4. If you can't wait to have a carbon scrubber shipped to you, you're gonna have to go down to the hardware store and pick up the supplies to build one yourself.

There have been some people here that have had success with using 3-4 of the odor eliminating CFLs in their grow boxs. Whatever you do, I would stay away from ionizers. I hear that they actually damage trichomes.