Small grow setup advice please

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Caldo84, Jan 29, 2018.

1. hi Guys,

Did my first grow last year, 1 super lemon haze auto under a 600w hps, got 4oz of amazing bud! Even some of my experiences smoking and growing friends said it was epic, beginners luck
    This time I need to make a much smaller more discreet grow, so I’m thinking of using a 300w led light in a 50x50x100 tent.
    Would this work? Can the led light be very close to the flowering plant since there is no head off the light? It will most prob be an auto I grow again.
    All advice and thoughts welcome. Thanks

2. Make sure your led is about 12 inches - 24 inches away from your plant especially if it is a high quality one you can still get light burn. Measure the LED you choose to determine if it can fit in your set up. (Make sure it is smaller.) Personally if I were you I would look into Quantum Boards.

3. Knowing the PAR value of your light at different heights will help you achieve the optimal distance from your plants. Mine (a Viparspectra 600) came with a handy graphic detailing the PAR values at different heights so I can avoid light burn by judging how far to keep the lights depending on what stage of growth my plants are at.

600watt_PAR.jpg

• Like Like x 1