Small flies in tent-help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Turbo123, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Hi,I'm in the second week of flowering.A couple of days ago I noticed a few very small flies in my tent,today there are a lot more.They are like a smaller version on a fruit fly.I have some sticky traps hanging up in the tent which has caught a few.The temps in the tent have risen due to warm weather,ranging from 19-29 degrees centigrade.

What should I do,can anybody point me in the right direction.

2. Im guessing fungus gnat, google them but for most part sticky traps work on adults,

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

3. Get some fly paper and strips...let your soil dry out completely and then you'll b ok ...try not to have your top soil soaking wet

4. #4 BrassNwood, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    It's Fungal Gnats for sure.. A very common issue.. Mosquito Dunks will control the larva.. A few yellow sticky traps will catch the adults.. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Summit-12-in-Mosquito-Dunks-6-Pack-110-12/100334779 Crush a dunk and sprinkle some in each container..
    Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis. (B.t.i.).
    [​IMG]

5. #5 Grass boy, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    the fungus gnat is basically harmless other then it buzzing around which can be annoying, but it's larvas are the one the do the damages. It attxk the plants roots. I myself have gnats fly around my plant. Trying so hard to get rid of them because they are fast and burrow down the soil. Using yellow sticky paper help a lots but I don't have larva problem becaus my soil have this natural defender that eat it larva. I don't know how it got there. But somehow it help a lot
    http://www.defenders.co.uk/pest-problems/sciarid-f...

6. download.jpg

Thanks guys.I called into my local grow shop.He recommended putting a covering of gnat powder,can't remember the commercial name,over the top of the soil in buckets but said SB Plant Invigorator and Bug Killer would be a better solution.I'm going to spray the plants tonite and will report back in a few days time.
    Thanks again.

7. Hi guys,used the SB Plant Invigorator and Bug Killer spray for a few days,put up more sticky fly traps ( effective but a pain when they stick to your head etc) and the good news is there are no more wee flies-hurraggh.Sprayed the plants on and under the leaves and the top of the soil as well.Thanks to all for their help.

8. I had the same problem but really bad for my outdoor grow. Right now I just use sticky fly traps + spray organic pesticide & lay organic "powder" type substance on the ground. The smell from both the ground + the spray keeps almost every bug away + the gnats. Then when they start coming back, I'll notice my fly traps start getting built up with dead gnats / flys. Ill then replace the fly traps (I use about 6 to 8 per 100 sq feet, thats probably not needed. I just have my frist grow outdoors and im not gona risk bugs messing me up).
    & Then go buy more of the organic pesticide.

I have no problem with bugs. Besdies the 1 or 2 gnats that do fly around, but I dont worry because they arent gonna live long.

9. 1458839662149.jpg would anyone use that if they had flys ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Apple cider vinegar traps.
    YouTube them. All you need is the vinegar and an empty bottle