Small Closet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by adamti91, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Posted this as part of another thread (LINKY), but it really should be asked in here...

2. Everyones gonna tell you not to grow in another persons house first.. then others will help you alittle.. but not as much as they would had.. you just excluded the parts that lead us onto thinking that your growing in another persons house.

Ok all that aside I'll help you the best I can:). So your gonna put a grow box in the corner of closet that has things in it that need to be accessible.. your gonna need serious ventilation.. I'm assuming noise isn't a problem since that type of ventilation is gonna be noisy and expensive to deaden the noise. You could take a brick out and vent out that way.. just picture the chimey is a window,or vent hole in the wall, assuming the fireplace is sealed. Of course you should cover the vents in the door so the smell doesn't come out. Your gonna need to completely seal the area off so the smell doesn't come out. You cant use the chimeny for fresh air since your already using it to get rid of the stagnet air unless you play chinemy sweep and run ducting all the way up it,that puts a damper in your money plans because your gonna need a closed system and a machine to make your Co2. So your gonna need a crazy vent system with a humidifer/dehumidifer or whatever to control the humidity and Co2 tanks. You never mentioned how you plan on getting Fresh air in so I just added that on for ya. Your talking a good amount of money to make a closed system. If you had that money you'd have your on place. So listen to the people who say don't grow in another person house :( or give alittle more info on a way to get some fresh air in.
    Oh yeah your vent system ducting will be about 4" in diameter so you'll have to remove atleast 2 bricks and since they don't stack bricks that way you'll need to remove 3 I'm sure. :( *Thats me trying to scare you into not growing in another persons house*

Anyway... yay you can get some Northern Lights in there. It's a nice strain which doesn't produce much smell and is great for beginners such as yourself. Im thinking your only trying to fit like 1-3 plants in here and you said your gonna be using a DWC Bubbler bucket? You never said if your gonna be using HPS,MH, or CFL lighting and I wont assume which because each brings it's own prices. Figure out how your gonna control the sound of the ventilation system,how your gonna get some fresh Co2 to your plants and how your gonna seal your system so no smell leaks out and your good to go. Probably snoop around the grow room part of the site and see how others do there compact grow rooms. You can mimic theres and add a way to seal it so your not paying for something like "A Blook Box" Could snag a oder controller to pop outside the closet. Since your gonna need a ventilation system to get rid of the dead air you could get carbon air filter to siphon alot of the smell out and you might not need a oder controller. So that just leaves the noise from the ventilation system. /Shrug check out Mr.Postmans growroom and seal it off. The oder/heat/humidity control is whats gonna cost ya. Who knows you may not even need a vent system.

P.S. Your grow area is gonna need to be as dark as it would be when the moon is up and the sun is down outside. All the indoor growers are gonna tell ya you need to be completely dark on the dark cycle which is true with the hardcore strains I'm sure.. but get a beginner strain thats indoor/outdoor and you'll be good..... So even thou I don't recommend heavy duty trash bags.. they will work long as your night cycle is on mostly when your sleep. Your not gonna yield much from the plant with a light leak like that but you could make your area work. You don't have to worry about that if you make your system completely sealed. It's wont cost ya much money to grow marijuana whatever the scenario :) price depends on the method of growth and quality your trying to achive.

3. Thanks... it's my closet though not someone elses house... I think I'm going to try to get some plastic sheeting and put it over the vents. I'm not sure about what kind of lighting yet but probably the cheapest effective one. I'll get some pictures if I can when I build it but that might be a week or two until my dad stops checking in there (I just cleaned out the whole closet randomly, might be a little suspicious). I want to make a bubbler like the one in the Indoor Growing forum (LINKY).

4. If your dad is gonna be checking in there.. theres pretty much nothing you can build thats gonna be stealthy enough and in the closet... Look up guerrilla grows man. It'll save you alot of time,money and hardship. It's not the right time of year but your not ready to grow anyway heh. Not with your pops checking up on the exact place you plan to grow in. Don't rush things. Im not even sure why i'm trying to explain this to a 14 year old thou. Wasting my high:).

5. He won't be checking after a week or so, I've grown outside before... and I'm not 14...

6. Why not continue to grow outside so you don't get yaself in some serious trouble? If you seriously think you can do it without getting in trouble.. just flip thru others growroom setups or hit some growbox tuts and just mold em so they work for you.