Small closet tent help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dcdrummer59, May 21, 2017.

1. Hi all,

total newb here wanting to set up a small tent in my spare bedroom closet and was wondering what size tent is best suitable for my space. Closet measures 5'wide x 2'deep x 8'tall - looking at a 2x4 gorilla tent that will be vented into attic. Will this be suitable for that size closet or will I need to go smaller to allow more air circulation for intakes on sides of tent, being there will only be 6" gap on each side of tent. Also what size inline exhaust fan for carbon filter works best 4 or 6"? Plan on running 400-600 hps or two leds panels in that range. What do you guys think? Thanks for any help in advance!

2. 400-600 hps will need a 6" filter fan combo. Make sure you get a vented hood and are prepared to duct it to the outside. A variable speed controller on the fan is very nice for dialing in your room's temp. 2x4 would be a good size for that closet to allow you room for air intake on the sides that are shorter then the closet. That's also a good size for that size hps lamp.

600hps is typical in a 3x3. That's 9 square feet so 2x4 is 8 square feet, not that much smaller. Since it may be hard to manage heat I may go with a 400 watt hps and some side lighting like t5h0's or smaller led panels.

Try to get a tent with at least 6' of headroom. Many of the smaller tents like 2x4 are only 5' tall. IMO that's not enough headroom for a good bloom room. 6' is minimum. My tent is 6'6" and I run out of headroom with my monster plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the info tbone shuffle! One more question where does the ballast for the hps sit/mount at? Does it stay in the tent or mount on wall somewhere ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ideally I would mount it in the attic because that would eliminate that source of heat from your garden. If you can't do that just outside of the tent on some bricks just in case of burn out would work. You can shift the tent to one side and create a foot of space on one side of the closet. Outside of the closet may work or on top of the tent.

• Like Like x 1