Small buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deano0991, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Hello folks.
    My currently in week 6 of flower. I'm growing g13 haze under 2 600W HPS lights.
    Now looking at other peoples grows my buds seem to be seriously lacking in size. Can someone here give me some info on whether they will blow up further into flower.
    There barnies farm G13 haze they say a 8-9 week flower but I'm thinking more like 10-11 weeks.
    Here's a couple of pictures I apologise for the crap quality. This is also my 1st ever grow.
    Cheers growers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They look really healthy, You are showing a bunch of heat/light stress on the tallest colas. Haze strains are infamous for taking forever to bud. Each seed you pop sort of has the potential to have different traits such as long maturing. 10-12 weeks is really common for haze so being that's it's half done it doesn't look bad at all. Don't get impatient and give them too much nutrients thinking that will make them grow like magic. Just be patient and keep to your routine. You have almost no yellowing on your leaves. Most likely you'll get most of the lower foliage yellowing and falling off before they're done.

You have those single colas sticking up so high it's preventing the rest of the plant from getting optimal light distance. I would recommend a little topping or LST next time to work to keep from having a few tall colas messing up the light distance. The optimal distance from the light is quite narrow with HPS.

3. Thanks for the reply Tbone. How can you tell heat stress in the taller 1s?
    I haven't changed anything and I don't plan to either just gonna keep plodding on with the routine.
    I've noticed a few of the the lower leaves have gone yellow a couple have even fell off but the rest are still a nice looking green.
    Leaves are also starting to frost.
    So you would say there about right for the amount of time into flower?
    Haven't gone OTT on nutes just using canna A+B canna Boost and just finished adding Canna PK13/14

4. Do you think I could bend the taller 1s over a bit and maybe lower the light. Lower them and tie them down. Or would it be pointless now?

5. The tips of the serrations on the leaves curl up when either the room is too hot or the light is a little too close. Honestly my plants always have a slight amount of that stress at the end of the day on the uppermost leaves and you almost have to push that limit with HPS to have good light distance but yours is a little more pronounced and you should probably move the light up a few inches. Some strains have way higher tolerance to light than others. That may be one that doesn't like being close or too much heat. For the most part sativas are the plants that don't give a crap about heat and indicas are always stressing.
    [​IMG]
    I post this pic all the time. It's a great example of mild heat/light stress. "Taco leaves" as some call it.

6. You're a little late for training but you may be able to bend them down carefully. Since it's a late maturing plant it will probably still be growing enough to turn back up to the light. Careful not to crease the stem. It won't kill the plant but it will cause unneeded stress you don't want to slow it down at this point.

7. Ah I'll just leave them I'll try that next time eh. Yeah the heat stressed plant that came on this morning well I noticed it this morning. My lights off temps have been crazy sometimes 33C but I've now nipped that in the bud.
    Cheers for the info buddy

8. Hey Deano, my Ghost Train Haze #1 run a similar course but the last 2-3 weeks of flower they swelled up big time. They went to 11 weeks before i chopped. Your G13 looks fine to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Thanks pennywise. Pennywise freaks me the fuck out haha that was my 1st horror film.
    I was reading today and someone else said week 7-8 they blew up like mad. I'm hoping my do or it will be a very poor 1st yield.
    Time will tell eh

• Like Like x 1