small buds still

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Medusa, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Hi everyone. I was hoping for some help for the newbie's first time! Yep, just popping my cherry now. LOL. This has to be the slowest crop in history, I've had them on a 12 hour flowering cycle since March 9, almost seven weeks and I still only have little tiny buds. Any suggestions as to why this is? Its almost like they've stopped growing.

I have 9 plants and a 400W MH and a 400W HP sodium. I do know my room is on the cold side, only 18C. I only water when they need it, about every 4-5 days. I use General Hydroponic fertilizer and I'm following the recipe given to me. Good ventilation also. I hope this enough info. to get an idea.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

2. so can i pop ur cherry??lol...try moving them outside, plants can reach 8 to 12 feet if grown under natural light so try moving them outside even if its just for 5 or 6 hours a day and try cuttinng ur light back also if ur gonna keep them inside but thats all i can say to help ya.......peace love and BONG MAGIC!

3. General Hydro ferts are fro hydro groing, not for soil growing. If you are following a General Hydro recipe its foe a hydro technique not for soil. Try a schultz super bloom fert 10-60-10 fert. The MH light isn't as good for flowering as the HPS. May be not enough HPS to go around for 9 plants.

4. 50%MH,,50%HPS is almost ideal for maintaining bud chute growth through the flowering cycle,,,but 9 plants? Hopefully they are huddled.

As BPP and woody said,,,I will add that you should very probably check your PH..

[​IMG]

5. Hi everyone. Thanks for the input. As for putting them outside, that is not an option for me. I'm in Canada and there is STILL snow on the ground. Can you believe it?

As for the gen. hydroponics fertilizer I'm using, the guys at the store knew I was growing in soil and they still recommended it to me. Interesting... I think I will try to find that other stuff.

My pH is good, I've been checking that. The plants are very huddled, I also rotate them every day. Yes, I'm currently unemployed right now. :) Should I get some fluorescents to put of the walls for the sides? This may help with my heat too.

One reply said to lower the time of the lights more. 12/12 isn't low enough?

Thanks for helping me with this cherry. LOL

M

6. sounds fairly close to what i am using except without the soil and the fertilizer i found is plant prod 20-20-20 works great and available at wal mart for about $5, sure sucks about the snow as it is falling big time here right now, ggod luck

7. medusa what part of canada? i am central alberta, merry christmas here today

8. Thanks for all the info! Thankyou Woody for the pH information, I didn't know I had to go that low. I'll give it a shot. I want to keep using this Gen. Hydro. since I have lots still to use up. Do you think I may have been over fertilizing and my soil has gone toxic? I've been told by people I should be alternating with regular water and fertilized water, which I haven't been doing. I may need to give them all a good flush. Whoopee!

And hello to my neighbor storm38! I am in NE BC and Merry Xmas to you too. LOL I've actually been shoveling snow into a wheelbarrow off of my lawn. I'm hoping for a green lawn for at least 2 months out of a year. :(

Take care,

M

9. Sorry to be a pain in the butt! I just thought of one more thing. I'm not using distilled water, I'm just using well water which goes through a water softener first. What do you think this would do?

This crop has been growing for 5 months now (next week). Very scary! They look so nice I just wish those damn buds would get big already. hehe.

Cheers!