Small buds at 3 weeks?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by glassdarkly, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Is this normal? It is sitting under a 600w hps. It just seems like they would be more plump?

It has spent the last three weeks stretching in height, so is that a major factor?

Attached Files:

2. just finished preflower, and beginning flower

depending on strain, got 8-10 weeks left

start feeding bloom nutes ;)

3. You have to give it time. Plants usually stretch when going into flower. It looks as though you have a sativa dominant strain. Please be prepared for a long flowering period. They can take four months. Beware
    the temptation to chop early. Let those buds fatten up and the trichomes get cloudy with a few amber. Good luck, they look like you're going to have some nice colas. The buds will develop all the way up the stem.
    Good work.

4. #4 ProGMOII, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    You are fine. Please post when the trichs turn, I would love to do a side by side after the buds explode. ease into the nutrients for sure. You will find out your limit, a slight burn on the tips is right on the edge of the nutrient burn and a lot of grower like being on the edge.

5. Wish I had that problem!  Hopefully it will come soon!

6. Nice ass plant

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Gorgeous. Usually the first week is spent putting it's "gears" into flowering mode. I would say you're maybe 1 1/2 weeks into flowering in actuality. I used to always think that as well, but when you realize that most people allow 1-2 weeks for the plant to actually begin flowering and work that into their flowering time. I usually give it 1 1/2 weeks before I actually begin counting flowering days.

8. Nothing to be worried about! Now if they're still like that in a month I would be concerned lol. Patience my friend!

Ruko