Small black bugs under the leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cronaholic, Jan 4, 2007.

1. So ive been gone for a bit and started a new grow a month ago.

Ive been busy so I really havnt inspected them as much as I should be

Some of the lower leaves have been turning yellow with brown spots and as I was starting to LST today I noticed that the underside of the lower green leaves are covered in small black bugs.

I looked around the forums and can't figure out what kind they are.

They are probably half a mm and are completely black. I can't see any wings or legs on them but they are constantly on the move. and there seem to be a lot of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cronaholic.

2. chronaholic sounds like spider mites get some neem or some insectiside soap asap

3. do a search on spider mites and see if they look like that... sounds like them... btw, they sell neem oil at lowes/home depot, near the garden

4. I could of swore that I had spider mites last time I grew and they were like a tenth of the size of these things.

Also I had the webs in the leaves last time and there are not any of those this time.

These kind of look like small black coffee grounds and last time the bugs I had were leaving webs and were more like a grey/white color and were really really small.

5. still think its spider mites :) on the top part of the leafs are there sighns of white dots? if so spider mite.

6. No white dots anywhere but there are a few yellow/amber ones underneath the leaves around the black bugs.

They are about the size of these periods . . . . . .
    . . . . . . .
    . . . . . ..

7. And if these are spider mites what are the bugs that are really really tiny white things that make webs in the buds and climb up and down webs all day?

8. NO!.

the Yellow amber ones are Eggs! / newborns the black ones are older.

Its spidermites

9. You rock DierWolf.

Thanks for the help. :)

I did spray them well with neem oil earlier today.

I heard something about putting a few cigarettes in a gallon of water and spraying the plants with that to help fight the mites better than neem oil.

Any truth in that?

Thanks again for the help, now I wonder what attacked my girls last time. I thought those were spidermites.

10. Yes gallon of water, bunch of cigarrete tobacco, lil neem oil (for cling) and a tad of dish washing liquid (to stop beading of the water when sprayed)

Neem oil will get rid of them for a while you will have to reapply it ever so often tell they go away for good.

Try and get some Spider Mite control, its the best.. Go on ebay and find it, and make sure not to get the bottle that says SMC, thats not the correct one.

11. we have had a few webs in the tops of plants, but not bad; then today, many lower leaves have yellowish/brownish blotches, they look like they're dying. some small holes also. I brought two leaves inside and looked at the undersides with a microscope; there are tiny round shiny black things, they are not moving, and I can't see any legs on them. almost look like little beetles, that is, IF they are bugs. Last year I had spider mites, and they looked more like little ticks, with legs. Can someone help, please?