Smacking your children?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by MaryJaneExpress, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Ya know I would of agreed right up until the point where she accused all of us of being child abusers. Reality will come on strong and fast for her no doubt man.

2. By the logic of following, "stats" I should be knocked up and have two kids (different baby daddies OF COURSE) on welfare, probably addicted to crack and prostituting for extra money since McD's doens't pay enough. Being a biracial girl growing up in a broken home with a dad the took off, in one of the poorest cities in California.

But I'm just a pothead. :)

Spanking a kid isn't going to turn them into a monster. But not setting and following through with rules and boundaries (spanking if necessary) WILL create a monster.

3. You've just got to be a huge troll.

How many times do you think your kid can run into the street before they fuck up and get hit by a car?

What do you think is a better route? Spank the kid while telling them why you're doing it so they know what they did wrong. They end up with only bruised pride but walk away with their life.

Or, just going through the same stupid time out process over and over and risk it being one time too many and a car nailing your kid just as they run out in the street..possibly ending your kids life?

How can you suggest that there's not love when a parents spanks their kid? Are you suggesting mine don't?

4. Very true! Like I said earlier MY children are the only ones who can judge me. Due to the fact that they have stayed out of jail, get excellent grades and do well in their sports I must of done something right.

5. walk all over me? hmm...lets see if i was a child would i walk all over a parent who respected me and treated me with life lessons rather than violence or a parent who i remember spanking the shit out of me....:rolleyes:

no im a dude.

6. I think it's hilarious that she dodges the fact that she's also accusing our parents of being abusive and not very loving.

I wouldn't have been welcome in the house I was for as long as I was doing the shit I did if there wasn't love.

7. Maybe your parents were the abusive ones if that's all you remember.

When I got spanked all I remember is why I got fucking spanked in the first place - doing stupid kid shit and not listening.

8. Oh, Ok... sorry.

You must be one in a million then. Props to you, sir.

9. with all due respect.
    yes ,allowing a 2 year old repeated unsupervised access to the street would be endangering.
    That's why they call them "Guardians"

ya just need to be smarter that the infant....that's all.

10. Okay how is fear not necessary? Fear keeps us alive, it keeps us safe. it keeps us from doing stupid things like RUNNING INTO THE STREET.

Alright so you can continue you 10 min time outs and when the kid realizes well if I do that all that's going to happen is I get time out, they will eventually go do it. I've seen it happen, I grew up and babysitted a lot of these "no spanking" new age families and their kids were horrible. No respect because what will happen if they break the rules? Nothing really, just a time out.

Damn right I want my kids to fear me. The only reason I didn't go do horrible stupid dangerous things when I was younger was because of fear of my mom. She still scares the shit out of me, but I still love her.

But to each their own, I guess. :smoking:

11. Yeah, I don't get the people who think making a kid sit somewhere for 10 minutes is going to come across as any kind of punishment to them.

12. In 9 years when your child is 16, how effective do you think a timeout will be? In 2 years even? At 16 they will know that you wont back up "that look" and will laugh in your face and tell you to get bent. Mark my words, 5 years from now your views will change, unless you are one of those parents that will cave in to the guilt that the childs feelings are hurt.

13. if your a good parent you would always be watching and by their side in a situation where they may run into the street....they shouldn't get far if its a two year old..and they walk away sometimes with more than just bruised pride...some are strong but others are emotionally weak and may be scarred even if they dont notice it. i have never suggested there is no love when u spank your kids and now you are just putting words on this "trolls" mouth. my parents spanked me frequently and i can honestly say that i learned nothing from it. only negativity came from it. thats not to say there was no love and i know my parents love me immensely. its just that they like you and your parents did not understand a better way.

14. I think parents who exercise a no-spanking rule are the kind of parents who end up feeding their kids addictive medication to "babysit" them.

15. You sure assume a lot about my parents for someone that doesn't even know my name.

I think I can safely disregard your opinion as ridiculous and uneducated.

Scratch that, I know I can.

16. I was thinking the same thing....

17. Props to you for parenting the right way. I really don't understand why everyone is trying to patronize you, especially when half these people don't have children. Your methods obviously work for you well. Bunch of know it alls on here..

18. That was not very nice.

19. fear is indeed not necessary at all...it is not fear that keeps us alive and well,it is common sense and understanding...i know that if i drink bleach i will die but i do not fear it...do u see what i mean? all i have to know is the effects it would have if i did that. fear is an illusion and can only cause negativity and hold one back. it is UN-necessary polution in all aspects of life.

20. Bingo! Mommy and Daddy issues because he was spanked.

But, their ADHD, ADD, Bipolar, have a "disability" or whatever the latest and greatest excuse to throw a pill down a kids throat.