Slugs!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tokin tokin, Jul 4, 2011.

1. So i went to check on my garden today and had about twenty slugs all over my two beautiful cannabis plants as well as my tomato plants. They completely ripped off one of the branches at the fifth node! Does anyone know a safe/organic way to keep these things off my plants? I have heard of using coffee grounds or a simple 9 volt home made electric fence. What do you guys think?

2. Put boards down near your plants, the slugs will hide under them. You just come along every morning and remove them, and drop them into a little jar of salty water.

We lived in Crescent City once- slug capital of the world! Besides the normal little gray/brown slugs, we had these huge Banana slugs! Not even the ducks would eat them! The little slugs were used as the chicken's "breakfast"- the chickens didn't care for slugs, but they didn't get grain until the slugs were gone!

FYI- Banana slug slime will kill the pain of a toothache or make your mouth numb. Kids lick them on a dare! lol!

Granny

3. Great! I'm sure i have some boards laying around somewhere. Luckily these are small regular garden slugs and not those monster banana slugs. The slime trails that get left behind on the leave eventually kill the leaf or burn hole in them. Thanks for the advice.

4. Hahaha i dont think i'm brave enough for that!

5. Storm crow is intelligent