Slow Slow Growing - Photos

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lemonaden, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I have been growing this plant for over two months and its only grown 6 inches.

I started it in miracle grow, and two weeks ago I transplanted it to a 5 gallon bucket with perlite and organic soil. It appears to be looking better, but growth is still ridiculously slow. I haven't fertilized since transplanting, and plan on using fish emulsion when I do.

I don't know PH of the new soil since I am waiting for it to dry out before I water again. I have it on 18/6 under a 400w MH bulb.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 400w mh for 2 months just for that? shitty electric bill for nothing...

heat, what are your temps at? it will stop growing if its too hot

3. Are the leaves really that yellow looking, or is it just the pic?

Have you been feeding it any nutes at all?

4. it need some food!!!

5. Temp is between 65 and 75 steadily, so not too hot.

It is green but looks kinda yellow in the pic from the light.

Afraid to feed nutes since I don't want to burn roots.. Any other ideas!

6. give it nutes!!! 1/2 strength

7. Supercrop it,

8. If it's two months old and you haven't fed it nutes, I think it's about time.

You can either risk burning the plant (which shouldn't happen if you do it right) or just wait for it to die, because that's what will happen eventually.

9. Give it half strength fish emulshion like you said you are going to man. How would you like it if you had no food for 2 months and only water i bet you would be very weak frail and sick looking. Same goes for plants they need to eat!!!!!!!!! You can't burn roots with half str fish emulshion and the plant will thank you for it.

10. No, no, I had been giving it nutes up until I transplanted it two weeks ago! I stopped because I thought I overdid it, so not sure when to try again.

11. man give it some nutes or have it die your choice. only 1/2 strength

12. make sure its off the ground, and that the water is at room temp,, hopefully the transplant helped it out.. did u try flushing it? might have nute lock out

13. Keep in mind you don't want your soil to get below 50 degrees F, it will stunt the growth as well. It looks like you need to feed it. I've been in your same situation before, small plant that I was afraid to feed but it really was just hungry. Some strains need more food than others. I've recently started growing LSD and I have to feed that thing earlier (and more) than any of my other strains.

As long as you're ph in the correct range (aim for 6.3-.6.8) and you make sure that your food isn't too concentrated (15 dollar TDS meter from amazon will give you accurate ppm readings), your plant will grow and use the food it's given.