Slow release ferts?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cornflake, Jun 2, 2004.

1. My last stupid question, I swear.

I didn't have any source of phosphorus for my plants until now. I have found some slow release bone meal beads. I've always thought bone meal was a powder but since I can't get a hold of any in the garden shop right now it looks like I'm stuck with these slow release beads. Will the slow release aspect harm my plants, I think I read somewhere that using slow release ferts gives your plant too much nutrients?

2. "Will the slow release aspect harm my plants, I think I read somewhere that using slow release ferts gives your plant too much nutrients?"

-Na, I think it will be alright. Bone meal and blood meal, etc are used in a lot of organic grows. Some people like to grow using strickly slow release nutes. That's probally a really kick ass way to grow if you think about it, I bet it's a hell of a lot easier than measuring out exact nutes everytime.

Now, what will screw you up is a ph lockdown. When your ph level is too high or too low the nutrients build up and build up and build up. When the ph is finally right the plants will be shocked will all the nutes at once and display nutrient burn at the very least. (Burned leaf tips, etc).

So I would say check your ph, then use the slow release and you should be fine. But, don't neccesarily take my word for it. Wait till somebody a little more experienced comes around and tells you for sure.