Slow Plant Growth

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kushblunts17, May 5, 2014.

1. My plants are 17 days old. I know thats still young but they are about 3 inches tall max. some are shorter. some were started in the ground (randomly found them in backyard, read my post if you want) and some in pots. the ones started in pots are greener and leaves are wider the root system is also different they are thinner and longer. the ones started in the ground are lighter green, shorter, and thinner. the root was also just a single root and thick. now I know I transplanted them into 3 gallon pots at a young age which would cause shock. but I know at 17 days old they are really small. I transplanted 3 days ago.

My question is since I went from solo cups to 3 gallon pots already, are they just growing out the roots instead of vegetating? it also has been rainy all week with little sun. im in northeast ohio. and today was the first full sunny day.

I know I should just let them go and be patient. but im just curious being a somewhat beginner. this is my 3rd grow