Slow Growth Rate?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TurboDude66, Jan 17, 2014.

1. #1 TurboDude66, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Just a quick background

250 Watt MH Setup running 24/7 with reflector approx 16 inches above plant. 
    added 2 32 watt CFL's Blue Spectrum 4 days ago approx 4 inches from plant. 
    Temps have been running anywhere from 73-84 with a 9 inch fan blowing new air
    Did get heat stress in the beginning and this was only plant to survive hence the slight burn on first leaves. 
    Soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest. No added Nutes
    Germinated around new years eve with the sprout being alittle over 2 weeks old at this point

I've been comparing my plant to various other ones around the same age and just feel that my plant is growing very slowly compared to others around the same age, is this true? I've been holding off on watering lately until the soil is almost completely dry. anyway to tell if plant is indica or sativa since this was a freebie from nirvana seeds?  Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks. 

Attached Files:

2. Oh, I forgot to mention that I do have a HPS that puts out 5'000 more lumens, should I switch the lights or stick with the MH for vegging?

3. Yea, they're slow going at the start, any stresses make it that much slower. Ocean forest can be a little too hot for seedlings, used to have this problem when I used it. If that's an autoflower then you just shorted your yield, photoperiod should recover just fine. You don't know the strain?

I'd stick with the MH for veg.

4. #4 TurboDude66, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    Nah, It was included in the Freebies I got with my Northern Lights, which I started germinating and planted a few days ago, haven't seen one sprout yet, I just recently put them inside a sandwich bag to create some humidity. I've had a high success germ rate but all these seeds are slow to break the shell and the one that did sprout took a week to do so, they are nirvana seeds so maybe i'm doing some thing wrong from the get go. Ironically I was actually just looking over your link in your sig before you replied because i saw you post in a different thread, I'm going to read up on you because I'm in awe over your plants. 

5. What kind of dirt is that in?

6. [quote name="TSoaDK" post="19355739" timestamp="1389932254"]What kind of dirt is that in?[/quote] fox farm ocean forestSent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. That's ocean forest soil? Before I switched to growing fully organic in my own built soil, I used FFOF and have never seen that much bark in FFOF soil. Maybe they changed their recipe? Some bark will leach acids and lower your pH. My guess is the heat stress and possibly low pH is the cause of your stunted growth.

8. [quote name="Ẅest Čoast" post="19356390" timestamp="1389938333"]That's ocean forest soil? Before I switched to growing fully organic in my own built soil, I used FFOF and have never seen that much bark in FFOF soil. Maybe they changed their recipe? Some bark will leach acids and lower your pH. My guess is the heat stress and possibly low pH is the cause of your stunted growth.[/quote] yeah most of the bark is on the top of the peat pot though, I did run a pH test on the water I'm using and it's 8.0 and after testing the runoff it was reading 6.8 which is top of the spectrum from what I hear. Any idea what distilled waters pH is? Wasn't sure if the tap water I was using was too high in pH. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. if your runoff is at 6.8, you're golden.

Some strains can be very sensitive to heat stress. I always use Silica Blast. It helps with heat and general stress.

10. It could be your enviroment do to high heat or humidity.  Thats too much light for them, they havent made it into veg yet back the light up some and no need for the cfls yet.....if anything use the cfl's and not the halide until they enter veg stage

http://indicasandsativas.blogspot.com/

top 10 new grower mistakes....