Slow grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 32degrees, May 14, 2008.

1. Hey GC, I've recently planted 2 bag seeds i germinated and its been almost 3 weeks and they are only on there 2nd leaf set, they get almost 12 hours of direct sunlight and 4 more of light in the morning and before dark, so prolly 14 hours+ total a day, Im just curious as to why they are growing so slowly, I have seen threads where plants got to there 3rd or 4th leaf set in a week. Are my plants possibly meant to indoors? or are they just slow growers and will eventually shoot up? ill post some pics in a few
    thanks

2. If it is getting that much sunlight it should be growing well, indoor strain or not. How is the soil? Did you bring in your own or is it native soil? Im anxious to see the pictures. How cold has it been at night? If the ground is still cold, that could stunt them too. I bet they start growing well though with them getting all day sunlight. They might just be stunted.

Edit: I see you are in Connecticut, I bet they were just taken out too early, but still I would like to see the pics.

3. The soil is natural from the garden with alot or castings in it and i added a little perlite, it doesnt get much below 50 anymore at night, but that could be the reason, it also had been cloudy last week maybe that had something to do with it.

For whatever reason as you see from my deleted posts, the pics would not load...give me a minute and i will tryi agian, the quality isnt vary good bacause i took the photos with my computer but i will try again

4. Sorry for the lack of quality

Edit: I will try to get some close-up pics tomorrow

Attached Files:

5. Yeah Im guessing it is the cold, next year wait until Mother's Day. You might want to get a PH meter and check the soil, it may be that. Sounds like you lossened the soil pretty good and the perlite will help keep it loose so my second guess isnt going to be right, I was gonna say maybe the soil is too compact and hard not allowing root growth.

Lets hope it was just the cold, they will snap out of it and take off soon I hope with that much sunlight.

They look pretty healthy otherwise than growing slow?

6. Yeah they look good from what I can see in the photos. I didnt know they were in pots, are you keeping them watered good? Thats the problem with growing in pots, you gotta keep them watered because the water will just drain out after a rain. Hope its just the cold stunted them, they look fine.

I assume you are gonna transplant into the ground or a huge container when they get bigger?

7. 14+ hours isn't really a lot to tell you the truth...My plants are on their second leaf set and it's day 4 but they are under light 20 hours a day so maybe that's the problem? Try having them lit for 18-24 hours a day and post the results...

8. haha i would dude but i cant really adjust the sun to stay out later haha, you prolly didnt realise this was an outdoor grow...

and yes the one in the small cone like pot will be transplanted into a 5 gal bucket, but the other one is actually in a 12" wide square pot that is 15" deep, i was gunna try to bud that one early anyway just to see, this is more of an experimental grow, not expecting big yield. It does get plenty of water, i water ever other day, the soil never gets dry, but its not always soaked, moist is a good term. I tried a lil nitrogen fertilizer and it grew alot the day after that, maybe its not getting enough nutrients, i know its still a sprout and doesnt need much but it seemed to help?

9. I just drove through ct and it was cold as hell at night around 40F last week. When the weather warms up they will take off.

10. I lost 16 plants this year to hard compact soil. They did what yours are doing but started yellowing after a month. I left mine out for a month and they were just starting there 2nd leafset.

11. If it is the soil, how can i loosen it?

12. Your soil looks good in the photos.

13. so hopefully it is just the cold, it should be warmer all this week, maybe ill get a change, ill post more pics as soon as i get a chance