Slow bud growth...?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wizardchad, Mar 15, 2010.

1. I dont know if this is normal or not with Easyryders but my girl started showing pistols 4 days ago, and really hasnt progressed much as far as bud is concerned. I am getting kind of worried.

Litterally the bud sites have not done much at all... The PH is at 6 hydro grow

2. wait it out bro, the first week is the slowest i think, it starts to pick up after that
    i may be wrong, since i dont mess with hydro yet.

just tryin to get u some help asap lol

3. 4 days is way too early to tell, just maintain good ph and PPM levels and you should see some good development at days 10 and on after onset of 12/12.
    What type of hydro grow is it?

4. Isn't the light cycle a constant 20/4 for Easyryder? I read with the autoflower strains a 12/12 could actually hinder the growth.

5. #5 wizardchad, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    Yeah im doing Easyryder in a small hydro set up. Mostly because my buddy hooked me up with some extra seeds and though i would grow something extra, outside my med grow for fun... Im not very familiar with the autoflowers but since they only bud for one month, i am kind of worried that after nearly 1 week of flowering i dont have much.... I dont know, not a pro with these strains i dont know what i should have at this point

Oh, and btw im running 24/7 for ease of use.... The location it is in (since it is just a play crop) would have faint light hitting it during its four hours off, so i decided with 24/7 since it couldnt get true darkness any ways

Thanks for the input fellow med lovers, you guys are always the biggest help. Seriously!

6. I'm 6 weeks into flowering and they're just starting to fatten up! 4 days definitely is not long enough my man. This process takes 8-10 weeks..

7. Easy ryder my friend. These autoflowers only last 11 weeks from seed! The budding process is only about 5 weeks!

8. Good point, hahaha sorry. I'm growing White Widow so it's pretty normal for mine to go over by a few weeks. But still, don't sweat it. Some kids develop faster than others and the same is true for any living thing. As long as there aren't signs of abuse just wait it out.

9. if its only just started to show its sex what the fuck do you expect? buds hanging off already :S

10. Well i would like to see some growth of the buds. It just showed its hairs now isnt doing much... The reason i am worried is its bud cycle is only 4-5 weeks and i am already 1 week in and havent seen much change, if any, as far is bud is concerned.

11. Give it some time usually packs on density in last few weeks. How much lighting do you have on it?

12. [​IMG]

My indica 3+ weeks into flower, maybe 35-40% of her cycle. So if you're going 5 weeks, by about the end week 2 you could expect it to look similar. I have no experience with autoflowers, but following the recommended 20/4 (lightproofing isn't that hard, cmon) seems like it'd give you the best production. Darkness is necessary for some sort of synthesis essential for bud development. Or something like that.

Good luck, I'll be checking up regularly. I'll definitely learn a thing or two from watching this grow.
    [​IMG]

13. i have 2 full spectrum 125w CFLs and an addition 26w 2700k CFL

Also, badger, thanks for the pic. I am really concerned since it has been one week and no additional hairs have grown, and i did accidently cut a few leaves off when my fan fell over. Also, 24/0 vs 20/4 has been a long heated debate lol.

These autoflowers are litteraly retarded which is why they autoflower lol, so how they grow is a tad different than others.

I'm going to go see if i can find a grow journal that has pics one week in with my strain..

14. easy ryders flower for 8 weeks =/ there 11 weeks total and 3 weeks veg so rest is flower.

They do start slow but then fatten out. Mines 22 days in and there packing on some punds now (not literrly)

15. Yeah i think mine has some sort of development, it didnt start showing hairs until mid week 4... most people i know say they see it week 3...

Honestly, i am probably just sketching out lol...

16. easyryders start slow and then head up on the high road.

Youll notice slow development for about 10 days or so. Some bud growth, hairs, some crystal then they explode!

They do well under cfls, but when i installed a hps this morning, the rate of growth was unreal! Jus be patient dude. ;) good things come to those who wait