slow bud growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by adidam, Sep 4, 2009.

1. alright well i have two diesel ryders in flower for about a week and a half id say
    thing is, i had some issues with my carbon filter restricting airflow and temps got up to the 90's for a day or two but its been at a nice 77 since then

my plants seem really healthy overall, but flower growth has seemed to slow down a lot
    they're still growing shoots and leaves and getting taller but the pistils just don't seem to grow much at all

i know i should wait it out and see for myself in two or so more weeks but im just asking all of you experienced growers for your opinions and maybe some reassurance

basic info:
    grown in 24" pc case lined with mylar
    6" pots
    4 2600k 23w cfls
    temps around 77 but reached 90's for a couple days
    no nutes
    about a month from seed, almost two weeks flower

do you think they could be rootbound?
    does being rootbound matter as much to flowering as it does to vegetative growth?
    could the high temps have slowed the growth and if so will they bounce back?
    or is it just the way early flowering is and i need to sit tight and relax?

thanks in advance for any and all replies :hello:

2. I had regular lowriders in one gallon pots and they filled it right up. Then I had some in 3 gallon pots, outdoors and when I harvested them the roots were growing through the drainage holes and into the ground.

3. Well... Let's see here.

6" pots that's very tiny. Plants really need 1 gallon for each month they're alive.

Could use twice as much lighting going on the 100 watt per plant principle.

nutes aren't your problem it's the small pots strangling growth.

Correct those problems you'll be growing fine herb.

4. choch, were your lowryders flowering kinda slow at first and then took off down the line?

and darkhosis, i cant go any bigger on pots or more on lights because its in a pc case
    most of my set up i can't change during this grow, and if the definite problem is one of those things ill have to fix it the second time around
    i was hoping it was the spike in temps or something like that

but does rootbounding apply as much to flower production as it does vegetative growth?

5. Bro it seems like you got some serious space issues with your rig.. Theres really no way to get around it, roots need room to expand.. any way you could give them some more space would be your best option. If it is the way it is i would just ride it out.. you might want to watch out for rotting.

6. do you think next time i should go with just one plant and use like a tupperware kinda thing for a pot, cuz the only way i can do a bigger pot is horitonzally

7. so combocat, i just read your post again and remembered the rotting thing
    are there any signs of roots rotting besides actually looking at the roots
    and what exactly causes it

8. having the same problem but my lr2 are in 2 gallon pots