Slow Breathing Respiratory Rate with Cannabis

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by fsbaltimore138, May 5, 2021.

1. Fairly new to this. Trying to explore medical cannabis as an alternative to pharmaceuticals for anxiety.

Have dabbled on and off. Have found I prefer the higher CBD ratios. Tried a single hit from a 5:1 CBD:THC tonight. Lay down and was watching TV. Didn't really feel high but it was relaxing. So met my goal of being relaxing without intoxicating. Noticed I was sighing quite a bit and my breathing was slow and deep. Out of curiosity I pulled a stop watch app and measured. My breathing was 8 breaths per minute. A quick search online showed that was very low, with 12 breaths per minute the recommended minimum.

Is this a common symptom for breathing to slow down with marijuana usage? I don't want to be doing anything detrimental to my health. No other real symptoms. My Fitbit showed a typical resting heart rate for me around 70bpm.

Just curious! I'll obviously check with a doctor but wanted to see the community input if any to see if this was typical/expected or seemingly abnormal. I'm no athlete and could afford to exercise more, so not like I'm a fine tuned machine where a low respiratory rate might be normal.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Normal. Nothing to worry about except the anxiety itself.

• Agree Agree x 1

3. a great present to yourself,is a blood pressure reader
    to quote wall street Geko is pays for itself in the first week ...lol
    cheaper than than visit to your doctor

4. How is blood pressure related to respiratory rate?

5. Thanks, glad to hear I'm not abnormal. Treating the anxiety is definitely the goal hear, having run the gamut of everything the pharmaceuticals could offer through multiple psychiatrists. Basically all the SSRIs and well beyond that to SNRIs, MAOIs, etc. Nothing was working so wanted to try thinking outside the box with something like cannabis since western medicine had yet to provide a solution. My anxiety is closely tied to OCD, which loves to latch on to metrics and bolt when an article says less than 12 breaths per minute is abnormal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Do you also have dry mouth, unending hunger, red eyes and possibly giggling? Yep, you're a goner.

J/K man. Just relax and let the weed do it's job. You'll be fine!

• Funny Funny x 1