Sliver's Widow/Dolce/Other Neverending Grow of Evilness!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Sliver, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Looks like my Power Africa and Dolce VIta got Tobacco Mosaic Virus. I'm not gonna kill them, just let them grow. How much does it affect yeild? Does it affect quality?

2. can we get sum pics of the leaf issues. It may be a ph related nutrient lockout. We shall see what it looks like an go from there.

3. Yeah, I'll take some this afternoon, but I'm 99.9999999% sure that it is TMV.

4. shit luck bro. sending good harvest vibes your way.
    I read thru all and guess you didn't solve the Dolce curly leaf mystery. I'm growing Durban Poison atm and same thing happened. same root genetics - no surprise there. it didn't look like it was harmful so I ignored it. it went away. guess your did too. :D

thanks for the journal man. sweet looking babes.

5. I'm not sure if you've said this, in fact I'm pretty sure I didn't see it but did you weigh your white widow. I'm curious how much you got off it, I'm growing some right now.

6. Leaf curl looks like nitrogen overdose.

Spots on upper leaves could be magnesium deficiency or ph (need pics).

The original white widow was made by greenhouse seeds and is a skunk-afghani hybrid i believe, look on youtube for "greenhouse's white widow", thats where i seen it.

Also worth watching is there thai-tanic grow, the plant is huge for indoor and they yield one and a half kilos of bud (over 3 pounds if my math is right) from one plant.

I think i read somewhere that haze is a cross of thai, columbian, and mexican not 100% sure on that.

Hope that helps, gl

7. Sorry it's been a while, guys! Been really busy...I'll have new pics up tonight...By the way, I got 2 1/2 ozs off that White Widow plant...

Looks like the Power Africa did NOT have TMV after all...Anyway, here's what's up right now...In vegging I currently have a BLZ Bud seedling, and a Blue Cheese seedling! The plants in flowering are doing VERY well, save for one, which is doing well, but I'm again having a problem with the Power Africa, this being a VERY strange problem...This is the same plant I started 2 months ago...

Right now, in flowering, I have White Widow, a Dolce Vita clone (GREAT Sativa strain, highly reccommend it) and Power Africa....

The Power Africa is Durban Poison x Skunk #1, I've heard there are variations of Skunk, the one this came from was an Indica version. This plant was put into flowering on July 3rd. Over a month ago. It has a lot of Indica qualities, large leaves, VERY wide growth, etc...but it also is growing very tall. This plant will NOT stop growing, even though I successfully topped it! there are now 2 tops growing up, but its also growing wider, it's now wall to wall in my 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 8' closet. It's almost squeezing my Dolce Vita and Widow out!

Now, all would be well and good if it would just start flowering! It's been in there over a month, and about 2 weeks ago I DID see some pistils forming, but they just dried up and are now little brown things....The plant is continually growing at a quite rapid rate, and WILL NOT start flowering! I've been using the foxfarm line of nutrients as always.....Also, the Dolce Vita (A NEAR PURE SATIVA!), which was put into flowering on July 13th, is well into flowering, many pistils and upward growth has all but stopped.

I have never seen anything like this. Whenever I put a plant into 12/12 the MOST time I've ever seen a plant take to begin flowering, Especially an indica hybrid, is no more than 2 1/2 weeks!

So, here are the facts:

Strain: Power Africa
    Time in Flowering: 33 Freakin' Days!
    Light Cycle: 12/12
    Soil/Ferts: Foxfarm
    Temp/Humidity: 85 degrees/50% Humidity
    Other: Saw pistils forming 2 weeks ago, quickly withered and died. Plant continues to grow as if still in a 24/0 cycle.

If anyone can think of ANYTHING that I might be able to do to force flowering or whatever, please let me know!

8. Bump.

Anyone? This is very strange...I've gotten a little advice...SOmeone said that Too much Nitrogen can cause this, and also as a remedy to cut light cycle down to 10/14, but I dont want to affect my other plants in flowering too much since they are doing well...Is this ok? Also, they said to Supercrop. Any advice on supercropping? should I try this? How is it done?

9. Hey silver great looking grow. I have a quick question for you though, I am growing some White widow myself and am wondering about when did it start to show sex for you? I am at little over 4weeks in veg right now. You can check my grow if you want some pics, I have to update alittle tonight. Thanks man and I hope I get the same amount you did out of at least one of my plants!!:D

10. I generally don't wait for that. I put it into flowering when the plant gets to 8 - 12 inches tall. It grows immensely still in flowering, and starts flowering quickly once in 12/12.

11. ok, well hopefully before the full 8 weeks of veg I see pre flowers so I know whether or not it is female! But good looking grow hope mine comes out just as good. Thanks:D

12. Ok, folks! I supercropped the Power Africa. I had already topped it at the beginning of flowering, and what I did today was Snap the branches so they bend over without breaking the skin. I did this to every major branch about half way up the branch where there was some space between nodes.

Time will tell if this method works for me.

13. cool!

pix?

14. Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I've last posted. I've been so incredibly busy lately. Anyway, right now, my Dolce Vita clone is a week from harvest, my White Widow clone is 3 weeks from harvest and my HUGE ASS Power Africa is FINALLY starting to flower.

The Power Africa was in 12/12 for 60 count em 60 freakin' days before it finally started flowering. I put it into flower on July 1st. Apparently I had a TINY light leak at night, and it was hindering the Power Africa from flowering. Power Africa is Durban Poison x Skunk. Have any of you noticed that either of those strains were particularly sensitive to light leaks? See, the Dolce and Widow were in the same room during flowering over these past months, and they flowered just fine. Very strange.

I bought some Kool Bloom on Friday and I have seen a HUGE response from the plants. Buds are probably 1/3 bigger already.

In vegging I have 4 Strawberry Haze plants that my friend gave me...any advice on that strain? I also have a BLZ Bud clone, and a G13 Haze seedling in there. Any advice on those as well? Thoughts or comments on the strains?

Anyway, I'll try to put some pics up tomorrow night. Thanks a lot for all the help guys!

15. Hey Sliver, sounds busy over at your place. I can't believe that power Africa, Ive never heard of it but there are so many strains around now, 60 days!

Can't wait for the pictures, stay groovy.

16. Rock on man! I can't wait to see. Glad to see you back in here.

17. hey man, any updates for a fella in need? haha How that clone come out

18. I haven't done a picture update because I can't find my digital camera. I could use the camera in the laptop like i did in the beginning, but it doesn't nearly capture the beauty of my girls.

I'll throw a couple up tonight or tomorrow night.

I harvested the White Widow yesterday. She's lookin' mighty good, still hanging. The Power Africa is finally doing well, and progressively flowering in her amazing hugeness. The BLZ Bud is a much more sativa looking plant than I expected...I thought it was mostly indica? It's now about 3 feet tall and very healthy. Starting to flower as well. The Blue Cheese is a VERY nice looking indica. No pistils yet, folks, but I'm excited about this one.

I'll update after dinner and once I'm stoned enough tonight. Hang tight, folks.

19. Im still here man ;) :laughing:

i'll be back tomorrow for them sexy pics

20. Where'd he go?? I know he said he was busy, which is cool. That happens to all of us from time to time. I've read BOTH of your journals Silver, and admire your aspiration in what your doing. And I know life can get crazy, but let's see some more COLAS!! :)

But bro, I jus gotta ask a ? I've seen several questions to u go unanswered, and am jus wondering what's up wit that? I mean, you kept asking how come no one was commenting on your 1st j.

Not trying to be a jerk bro. And I'm most def no one to tell anyone what to do or say, I'm jus saying it helps when ppl who contribute here get their cheezburgers back, thas all. :rolleyes:

Rock on dude!