slitted downstem

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by StuGrimson23, Apr 10, 2012.

1. #1 StuGrimson23, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    Are these little chips or imperfections normal around the slits? Is this just from drilling the slits into the stem?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. They were cut with a circular saw of some sorts...I wouldn't worry about it too much as they are just shards and not cracks.

3. It could just be the lack of quality they put into making those slits, I wouldn't worry about it too much like UNAB0MB3R said.

4. I'm not really worried, I was a bit disappointed because I just got it in the mail today. If it's normal, then that's cool. I love the tube itself.

5. Just a really sloppy job.

6. It's actually from a highly recommended glass company/blower, so that's why I'm a bit disappointed.

7. I would call them and show them these pics. That doesnt seam right to me.

8. You could contact him and show him these pics, he would probably exchange your downstem for a new one that isn't torn up like that.

9. care to share the glass blower? not trying to put anyone on blast, just curious.

pics of the tube itself? :D

10. Thanks, I just emailed him the pics.

11. All is well, I got a response 1st thing this morn.They are ordering a new saw blade, then making me a new one. I get to keep the chipped one also, so I'll have a backup. I'm happy now. And I'm about to toke. Thanks for the help.:smoke:

12. Good to hear. Who did u get it from?

13. ssfg. Just the simple travel tube, exactly what I was looking for. I was going to upgrade to the showerhead, but cash is tight this month.

I have to say that they have great customer service. Quick to respond to emails (I also had a few questions prior to purchase) and very helpful.