Slipknot.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by JRilla, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Sunday, October 30th.

Nokia Theater in Times Square.

Slipknot, Unearth, As I Lay Dying.

Got my ticket this morning.

Cant wait. :) :hello:

2. SLIPKNOT IS MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!:smoke:

3. thats awesome! i love slipknots live shows, i have seen them twice, they god damn rule!

4. I dunno I think slipknot sounds like shit live but they kick ass either way

5. I love all those bands, except Slipknot.

They had some really good stuff on their first CD, and it's just went downhill from there, IMHO.

6. I used to love Slipknot's old stuff as well, but now they have become "popular." Many kids who wanna pull off the whole hardcore goth role buy a Slipknot t-shirt from Hot Topic and their set. But it isn't Slipknot's fault that they have become this way, it is just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Jah Bless

7. Perhaps. Although I have very little respect for Slipknot as artists, I've read interviews where they're like "Yeah, we sold out" "We're just in it for the money" etc. Even the lead vocalist was like "Iowa has awful lyrics" I can't quote verbatim so don't assume all those things I said are correct, my memory isn't the best and I read those things at least 2 years ago. I mean fuck dude, Slipknot is sueing Burger King because a simliar looking band was in their commercials. What kind of "for the music" artist does those kind of things? Sell outs.

I mean I don't particularly have a problem with sellout bands, I mean if the music is still good then I could care less if they reap in millions off dumb teenagers. But the quatlity of Slipknot's music seems to decline every new album they have, which leads me to believe they're just riding the wave of their own prior success and just trying to pump every dollar they can out of it. I don't dislike Slipknot, but I don't respect them and I'll probably never spend a dime on their music.

There are much better bands out there that play simliarly styled music, IMHO.

8. theres only sone song by slipknot that i like. everything else sucks. i hate them but i hope you have fun at that show.

9. Couldn't have said it better myself. As I Lay Dying, and Unearth are both fuckin awesome though. You won't be disappointed with Unearth. I've seen them twice, and they kicked ass both times. They were in the lineup of the first hardcore show I ever went to (they played with Zao, Shai Hulud, and some others), and the last as well (with Bio Hazard, Hatebreed (they both sucked), Madball, Shai Hulud, and someone else who I can't remember)... That's kinda ironic, huh?

10. You dont like Hatebreed? I used to listen to them alot. Im not sure who, but I think its the drummer, he does, or atleast used to like a year or two ago, live like 5 minutes from my house. He lived on the same street as one of my freinds.

11. Old Hatebreed was pretty decent... New Hatebreed sucks ass, imo. Also, imo, they're a discrase to their hardcore roots... But to each their own. Throwdown is much better, 'cept the fact that they hate all non-straight edgers. But even Throwdown is sellin out. They sound just like Hatebreed, now, but back in the day they kicked so much ass.