Slipknot bassist Paul Gray found dead in Iowa hotel

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Yourcatdead, May 24, 2010.

1. thats fucked. probably an overdose.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9jsELTA3AM]YouTube - The Nameless[/ame]

rock

2. Wow. Keep crying. I posted this before you, mine had about 13 replies. And how do you know I'm not the biggest maggot?

Get over yourself kid

3. I just heard about this on the news... so sad :(
    i love slipknot. R.I.P.

4. #24 BigOrange2, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    I'm pretty sure it was even though they won't say... Paul was a known hard drug user... I'm guessing something like cardiac arrest from a speed-ball or maybe a plain old heroin or cocaine OD.. He used needles I know that...

It's sad because I was battling with a heroin addiction of my own a few months ago, and just to think the same thing could have happened to me any one of the times i shot up, I really hope that the toxicology reports don't say it was drug related, but I would guess it was...

Lol, I agree I was acting a fool.. I act pretty fucking dumb when I'm blacked out drunk, cus I dont remember posting that.. Truth is there isn't a biggest maggot, because one person can be just as die-hard as another. Sorry for the closed minded post while blacked out on I think only alcohol, but I did go to the bar last night so there could have been some heroin in there

By the way thanks for the negative rep... I'll be the bigger person here and not do the same to you.. If you don't know how the rep system works, someone with less rep affects the rep of another member less, so if I neg repped you it would have more of an effect on your rep... Just a heads up

5. I'm not a maggot at all, but I was trying to show you how foolish that looked.

and np ;)

6. I never really cared for Slipknot, but damn could Paul Gray melt faces with the bass.

R.I.P, man.
    You shall be missed.

7. Slipknot press conference addressing bassist Paul Gray's death\t\t

[ame=http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7209258]Slipknot press conference addressing bassist Paul Gray's death, Slipknot press conference addressing bassist Paul Gray's death SLiPKNoT on USTREAM. Rock[/ame]

If it doesn't work, then just click on the link on top of the video.

8. Uh, yeah I do know what its like asshat, I'm a musician myself. I play guitar and bass, so don't tell me I don't know what its like, lol. Wanker. :smoke:

9. settling the "is he a good bassist?" argument

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQCGeg7z5kM]YouTube - Slipknot - 06 Confessions [MFKR][/ame]

10. Are your serious... That doesn't settle anything.. That's from their Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat album, which they don't even include as an album when they talk about how many albums they made, and several of the songs from that have been changed in to totally different mind-blowing songs with a similar beat.... There's no question he is a good and inventive bassist. The best bassist in the world? Probably not.. But GOOD, yes.

11. And I said he was good... I don't get it. What are you arguing with me about?

Never seen a person call someone out over a smiley face.

12. I hit the wrong quick reply button, my mistake.. Obviously there's nothing to argue about over a smiley, but what I was trying to say is the work from MFKR isn't close to the talent he displayed later on, I would have referred to a different song from a different album to settle the "is he a good bassist" argument

13. Alright tis all good man.

I posted the vid this article is talking about on page 2. Some true sad shit. I haven't listened to Slipknot that long. And maybe it was just something I'm not use to, but it was weird seeing them quiet, and even crying some. I mean I know their people too, just unusual seeing it. Fuckin death man.

Wonder why the fuck it will take a month?

R.I.P.

14. I actually tuned in to that statement they made to catch the last half of it live, then when they went off air, it had the video recorded so I could watch what I missed... What's going to happen with Slipknot is a big mystery now, but they always said they wouldn't play without one of the members, so if they stay true to that, this is the end of Slipknot.. So I'm a little worried about what's to come from the tragedy.

15. Woah. That's MFKR Slipknot?

Dramatically different. Not sure I can dig that haha good musicianship tho

16. Yeah dude I hope not, but really if you look at it playing without one of your brothers would be odd. I'm just curious what's next. To be honest I'm not even sure if they were working on a new album. Do you know if they were or not?

17. Well they are supposed to be on hiatus right now, which every time they take a hiatus, it lasts usually 3-4 years, then they come back with an album and do a series of tours around the world to promote it basically.. If they ever make another album, it won't be for years... They could get someone to replace him, teach them all the chords for all the songs, but it just wouldn't be the same

If I had to guess I'd say they're going to announce that Slipknot is done, and they will all go and continue with their side projects, to help take their mind off it... Not saying this will happen, but very like could

18. Ah it's a damn shame. Yeah it'd be to weird for someone else. Would feel like he doesn't belong. Well.. Fuck.