Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Slime in Canna olive oil :(

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hellobob09, Dec 17, 2011.

1. #1 hellobob09, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    So I created some cannabis infused olive oil about a week ago, and being the moron that I am, did not refrigerate it.
    Now I have two Tupperware containers with what I believe is "rancid" olive oil.
    I have read that drinking rancid olive oil is harmless and happens fairly frequently without our knowledge.

But my oil almost has a brown-gold mucus in it, which I thought was THC and other cannabinoids clustering, but another container has some darkish brown/black spots, which quite frankly look like mold.
    I can't believe how stupid I am for wasting an eighth of canna olive oil, so I hope I can salvage it somehow.

There is no plant matter in the oil, but I can't imagine this being worth a trip to the hospital or my life for that matter.

So my question to my fellow blades is, has anyone consumed old canna olive oil with similar symptoms and been fine? Or is there a way to heat the oil to make it suitable for consumption.

EDIT: I'd like to add that the oil smelled completely normal.

TL;DR: Made canna oil with olive oil about a week ago, and both containers have a golden-brown mucus in it and one has black spots, what should I do?

Thanks for all the help blades!:)

2. Well, impatience and a few other testimonies from olive oil connoisseurs has forced me to drink the sludge anyways.
    Decided to mix it with OJ, hopefully the acid will help eradicate any harmful substances.
    Looks as though I have dedicated my life to canna-science, if I don't post back, do not repeat.

3. Olive oil doesn't need to be refrigerated, although I do it to preserve THC. It's also normal for there to be separation in the oil as the particles settle, even if filtered, or left in the refrigerator.

"olive oil connoisseurs has forced me to drink the sludge anyways"

Why don't you try cooking with it? I put a little oil on bread and then lightly toast the bread. There are many more recipes if you're a novice cook.

4. Thanks for the information, it puts my worries to ease.

Cooking with it would have been a much better idea, but as you implied, I am a highly inexperienced cook, and also, am not very hungry. :D

Thanks again for your response! I'll let you know if I experience any adverse effects.

5. That's normal for cooking oil. It's not bad. You heat the oil up, and when it cools, there will be a little coagulation.

6. I just thought of this commercial

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGZvFZdVbk]Funny Bodybuilder Planet Fitness commercial - YouTube[/ame]

And you saying "i heat stuff up and i cool it down.. and then it coagulates a little"

7. Well I turned out just fine, thanks for the advice blades.