Slim Shady LP Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by HCL, Jan 30, 2010.

1. This was a badass album, and he was a lyrical monster at this time. I just really listened to it and dissected the lyrics, and holy shit I took this album for granted. Now, I've always loved this album from since I remember first hearing it a few years after it came out, but this CD is seriously crazy. It might just be, in my opinion, better than the Marshal Mathers EP. I don't know, but SS Lp is definitely a sick CD all the way through.

2. its my favorite eminem cd...

97 bonnie and clyde >>>>

edit: oh shit you from beaverton...im in cornelius right now. but dry :(

3. Great album. Brain Damage, 97 Bonnie and Clyde, Just Dont Give a Fuck, all great tracks

I still prefer the Marshall Mathers LP though

4. i got mushrooms i got acid i got e tabs and aspirin tablets
    im ya brother wen u need some good weed to set u free

yeahhh idk i still prefer the MMLP

5. can someone tlel me a place to download this album? used to have the cd, cant find it though.

6. yea it was a great first cd but its not fuckin with mmlp tho

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSUqxEA7kRM]YouTube - Eminem - If I Had[/ame]

7. It wasn't his first CD, Infinite was. Slim Shady LP is arguably Eminem's best album though. Too bad he decreasingly worsened and now is just balls.

8. why does everyoen say this? i understand a ton of ppl hate on his encore days, but honestly listen to buffalo bill or musix box off refill if ur trying to talk shit.

9. #9 abeorter, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    You know why a ton of people do? Because Encore was terrible. And those two songs are garbage. That is my perception and it will vary from yours.

10. Eminem is boss. If I had, Brain Damage, Role Model. Best songs on the album.

I'm gonna pop that in tonight at work. +Rep for making this thread.

11. lol what r u bumpin gucci mane

12. #12 NORRIN RADD, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    iTunes, Amazon etc. & I don't have any Eminem albums but Infinite is probably my favorite.

13. You're an idiot. You realize Encore and all his work following Encore is much more comparable to Gucci Mane and butt rap in general? Your life must be an oxymoron.

14. music box isn't my cup of tea... but Buffalo Bill is garbage? I dunno man, that is Em using his signature "WTF weird subject matter". It's classic Em.

SSLP was pretty tight. If I Had is probably my favorite song, but I don't think that album stands a chance against Infinite and MMLP.

15. I love SSLP.. it's pretty close between that and MMLP for my favorite by Em. Brain Damage, If I Had, 97 Bonnie & Clyde and My Fault were the best off of the album.

16. Did you not listen to Shady's new album, Relapse at all?
    Dre was all over that, you know one of the producers in the rap.
    All his studio albums are platinum.
    Why you hating on Em?

17. The amount of records you sell ≠ Quality.

18. Peoples albums that aren't quality don't hit #1 on the charts in multiple country's for no reason and consistently.

What Eminem album has flopped?

19. For me to argue with such a dumb statement would be like me arguing with a Bush supporter. It's obvious I won't be able to talk sense into you, but I will tell you a majority of great music is not played on the radio or recorded by Dre. Educate your uneducated self.

20. I'm done talking about Eminem with you.

Educate me, who do you think is better?