Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

slightly sophisticated firecracker method - easy recipe + asking for some advice

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ABzerotolerance, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Hello, so I'm a longtime lurker of these forums, but I believe this is my first time posting. I've been cooking with bud since the summer of 2013. I've tried probably 4 to 5 different methods, cooking the weed in an open pan, in the oven, in slow cookers. All these approaches involved infusing the weed into oil/butter, and straining the green out of the fat. I had varying degrees of success, though, and a couple times a good portion of weed was completely wasted. I gave it up for awhile, then a friend of mine suggested I use the firecracker method. It took us a couple tries after looking around a little bit on the internet, but we have a proven and sound recipe that is incredibly hard to mess up. The only thing you might need to buy is a coffee bean grinder, they're $20 at a grocery store. I have likely made around 15 batches using this recipe and have always been pleased with the results. I am using brownies here as an example - there's lots of things you can make with this method, because we're just going to mix the ground bud into the dry ingredients. I advise reading the entire guide before attempting to use it. Also - I would love to hear if there's anything with this method I could improve upon.

What you need:
    Brownie mix + ingredients for brownie mix (egg and oil, water)
    Cooking utensils
    Brownie pan
    Oven pan
    Aluminum foil
    Coffee bean grinder (walmart/target for $20)
    Quality bud (not shake, stems, abv or regs - yes it is worth it)

Some thoughts about dosage size - a good proportion I follow for the average user is 3.5 grams of bud for 16 brownies. This equates to almost 22mg of bud per dose. You are welcome to follow any guideline you want to, however. If you're making these for people with high tolerances, making only 12 might not be a bad idea. Again, this is completely your choice, just know how much you are using and use common sense.

Step 1:
    Preheat your oven to 315 degrees F. Empty your bud into the coffee grinder. Do not put straight nugs into the machine, I use a standard grinder to chop it up coarsely first. You could use scissors or your fingers to break up your bud, however. Once its all chopped and in the grinder, grind up your bud. If your grinder comes with settings, use the one that will chop the finest. Once its done your bud should resemble kief.

Step 2:
    Empty the grinder's contents into the center of the oven pan. I use my MFLB brush to make sure I get all the bud out of the grinder. You could also use a bobby pin or paper clip. Once all the dust is in the pan, use a brush or your fingers to even out a uniform layer that's about a quarter inch thick. Don't pack, just ensure that its level. Seal the pan with aluminum foil.

Step 3:
    Place the pan in the oven and cook the product for 13 minutes. When its done take it out but leave it sealed for another 20-25 minutes. Do not turn your oven off. After its done cooling off, check the color of the bud. It should be quite fragrant and have a dark brownish color.

Step 4:
    Empty the contents of the brownie mix into a bowl. Mix in the cooked bud. This is probably the most important step - MAKE SURE TO MIX YOUR DRY INGREDIENTS VERY WELL. If you do not do this, you could end up with edibles of varying strength - and this is undesirable. I generally mix for at least 5 minutes to make sure the bud is evenly distributed.

Step 5:
    Follow the instructions of your brownie mix as normal. Most brownie mixes will tell you to set the temperature at 325 degrees, but I keep the temperature at 315 and just add about 10 minutes to the baking time.

This method is simple but effective. Grinding the bud with a coffee grinder helps mask the texture, but you can still taste it to a certain extent. I'm not a culinary expert by any means, but I know there are probably a thousand different things you can make using this recipe. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!

2. Just get some cookie mix and mix a quarter or grounded weed to it and follow the baking instructions to it .

3. Your decarb is too hot for too long.

I have seen the chart that suggested 315 for 7 minutes but I have never seen 13 minutes!

PsychedelicSam from the stickie tincture thread (above) has done extensive testing and the best decarb was for 240F for 40 minutes.

If you get a dark brown color you have cooked your bud and lost strength.

You are welcome to spend some time reading about the decarb results in Another Tincture Thread, try it you'll like it (above in the stickies).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Take your powdered bud and combine it with coconut oil and lecithin and make canna oil first.. Then add that to the oil required for cooking your brownies
    The oil is the solvent for cracking the Trichome heads and the lecithin is your power doubler..
    [​IMG]
    I do it with 160 micron dry ice hash-kief then cap it but the idea is the same with powdered bud..

The oil has such a long life that you want to dose a bit under your TSP (total saturation point) and sneak your way up to your final destination with tincture or tokes.. To much oil in one sitting is just miserable for 4 hours till it wears off and nothing you can do will hurry that.. I think at least one good oil green out is a rite of passage before you really respect the power of the oil..
    Even kicking it to hard with smoke or tinctures while base line capped will put you in an uncomfortable place it just wears off faster like 45 minutes instead of 4 hours.. It does have a learning curve and I do try and warn people about it..
    [​IMG]
    5 grams decarbed hash-kief 160 micron
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1 teaspoon lecithin
    heat 220 deg 20 min then freeze.. 3 more cycles for me.. Makes 30 size (0) caps..
    [​IMG]
    6 caps a day help keep sobriety at bay.. It's also a great antispasmodic for the mass of scar tissue 3 rounds of surgery has left me with.. Do I really need 6 per day ?? Well 4 might get the job done but who want's to take that chance.. :).. 8 or more per day leaves me tripping to hard to walk-talk-think so I do have limits..
    BNW