Slight yellowing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kkcbudman, Jan 31, 2013.

1. I have some slight yellowing that I noticed for the first time this morning, not sure whats going on, growing in MG, 180w of cfl's, 2nd week into grow. what do you think this could be?

Attached Files:

2. Overwatering resulting in lockout of N

3. Looks like heat stress to me, is that leaf crispy?

4. So many things that could be. You say you're growing in Miracle Grow. What kind, and did you mix anything else with it? What's the temperature and RH in your grow area? How far away are your CFL's?

5. ...The plant is drooping, in a styofoam cup, full of wet soil.

Heat stress would result in leaves canoeing.

Dont complicate it for him. He should only check the pH, then let the soil dry.

6. I can see also, and what I see is brown/crispy looking leaves (bottom ones) which would indicate heat stress.

If he let them dry out and or get too hot, then noticed and panicked (watering the shit out of them like most new growers do) then his problem isn't over-watering its inconsistent watering or lights too close.

7. did some remodeling last night, replaced the fan but didnt add a larger passive intake, so the temps hit 91, opened up the intake a little and temps fell to about 82 which is normal for my cab. I dont over water, last night soil was damn near bone dry, i usually water the following day when this happens. Im growing in this Miracle-Gro Potting Mix

The leaf is a little crispy, I have had no issuse up until now, will be replanting into larger pots this weekend.

8. #8 kkcbudman, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    maybe it is the lights, the only other thing that i changed last night was the amount of lights, i added 2 more 23w cfls, for a total of 8 23w cfls. there almost 2 weeks old so I didnt think it would bother them. heading out to find a ph meter, whats my cheapest options?

9. What were your temps prior to re-modelling?

10. Around 77 before adding the 2nd set of lights, then into the 90's for some reason.

11. How long was it at 90's with them? You may have just fried those leaves during that time

12. it was about 30 mins before i noticed it. temp gauge said the highest it got was 93.

13. Hmmm doesn't seem like enough time to really do much damage but if they were bone dry already it may have. Just watch those temps and keep circulation going and wait till the pots are dry but not until the leaves start to droop.