Slight yellowing during early flowering...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by w0034, Nov 12, 2012.

1. #1 w0034, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    Greetings! This haunted me during my last grow. I thought it was from a slight fruit fly larvae problem I had earlier on in the previous grow, and everything finished, so I 'thought' it was a thing of the past.

Strain: Master Kush

This time, I'm into my 2nd week of flower, plants look GREAT except for the yellowing that I don't want to spread. Thick, green, etc. They are in 7 gallon pots with roots organic 707 soil. I have raised them from clones I took myself. Vegged for approx 10 weeks. They are scrogged individually.

Using Cutting Edge solutions nutrients. I am using their main 6 ingredients at recommended levels. Today, I watered 1 plant with house and graden A+B mix just to see if it stops the yellowing. My gut tells me this is nutrient related.

I know in the pictures below, it doesn't look like much, but I fear it's going to spread. It was pretty widespread before. Although the plants finished, they took 10 weeks, and I still did not have as many amber trichs as I had wanted.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance bros.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like a Ph/ppm problem. Are you using filtered water when watering. Tap water around me, in cali, is about 400ppm off the bat so if your not filtering those extra Ppm's combined with nutes and soil can start yellowing

3. I'm not. I'm on well water. I'm not sure what my ppm is. I think I have a cheap test kit here somewhere. What range is 'too high'?

Thanks!
    w00

4. 97 ppm is about as good as it gets out of the tap. You could still be adding to much nutes however. Also what ph are you watering with?

5. I have heard this is common during flowering, as the plant is attempting to put it's energy into budding.

6. it may be common but its still not what you want. usually you want to give a plant a big dose of flower nutes a week before you make the switch to 12/12.