Slight problem w/ grow, need some help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FSEFilut, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Ok so I just started my grow yesterday and I was adding in 3 more CFL lights. I got it all set up and then left for about ten minutes. I came back ten minutes later and I noticed one of the CFLs fell and was just resting on one of the plants. It didn't crush it or anything but it seems like the heat wilted a few branches and now they are droopy. The main stalk is ok and one half of the branches are just fine. It is just one side of the plant and it just looks a little droopy. I was wondering if this plant is going to be ok or did I really mess it up.:confused:

Attached Files:

2. wow i never saw a plant get that big from seed on first day of grow, lol you reallt did some damage to that one dude . but, i would crop dead leaves (not whole stem with leaf just leaf fan. this will minimize your down time for the stress you caused. if you have new growth in a week i'd say you are doin good if it gets worse before better sorry man lay her to rest. hope this helped

3. This isn't from a seed its from a clone i picked up yesterday, man I feel like an idiot for not double checking to see if the lights were ok. So cut off the droopy leaves and see if it recovers?

4. Doesn't look a day old to me, are you feeding her steroids? LOL But seriously, if it doesn't start to recover itself in a day or two, I'd say it's time to hold a burial.

5. it happens bro, i hear shit all the time and run to my boxes to see if everything is ok. those are my babies. so be carefull or i will have to report you to child welfare lol

6. Dude its a weed, you'll be surprised what it will survive;)
    Prop it up n let her grow:)

7. They should recover. Be careful next time.

8. So should I cut off the droopy leaves or should I just leave it how it is?

9. leave it how it is...soil looks pretty wet to...might of over watered

10. just fyi clipped leaves usually mean it's a fresh clone :) [clipping leaves reduces the surface area where water/gases can be lost - clipping helps the clone retain more moisture since it has no roots to get water/nutes from = better clone survival depending on how well it's done]

i also had a CFL drop onto one of my babies :( a truly sad day. like you the CFL was resting on the plant itself. in my case, it landed on a ~week old seedling and eventually fried the cotlyedons [the first 2 round, non-serrated leaves]. i kept her under light and watered her just like the others and she bounced back!! took her awhile but green growth grew out and eventually the first leaf set appeared - yes it took a good amount of time. but still, a slow growing plant is better than none at all. so don't give up hope!!!

just for shits and giggles, the same plant that got fried and recovered ended up getting fried by a CFL again LOL [beginning of grow, my CFLs weren't securely attached] so she ended up dying anyway :(

also - since clones don't have a good root system, wilting is normal. if you can, keep it in very high humidity conditions (80% is good) by covering them with clear plastic bag / humidome, just make sure to get fresh air in there multiple times a day. gentle water spraying on the upper inside of the bag/humidome will help too. once the root system is settled, the clone will start absorbing water and the wilting should go away

best of luck!

11. Ok so I went to go check on the plants this morning and the one that had the light fall on it looks like it might be getting new branches so it looks like it is going to be ok. The only thing is the branches that got fried by the light and that are droopy seem to be turning brown and dying, so should i take these off or still leave it how it is? Thanks for everyones help.

12. if leaves are still getting yellower with brown spots they wont come back clip em

13. Yea that's exactley what they are doing. I'll get rid of them as soon as I get home. Thank you everyone for the input.